• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I no this is the fishing site but thought you all could help. Thinking about applying for a bear license. But worried about finding somebody to put bait out when not around any suggestions on somebody that could help or would trade baiting bear for another hunting type(Pheasants or Geese)

( Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You. )

What you may want to do is check with the DNR for all the licensed Bear guides in the state. Then you will know who is licensed and you may have a better idea which ones are doing everything correct. They do have a list to check on all guides within the state. Most of the good guides will supply you with a list of references to call and see how thier hunt went.

This may take a little work but might give you the hunt you are looking for.

Hey Bass check out Hoyt, he helped a long time guide last fall and he has a couple bears under his own safety harness. He also has the fastest bear I have ever heard of too. He seen the bear before his bow was even up to his hand yet. I filmed his very first bear too. I helped him with his clients opening evening of bear season last fall. He has some great luck, hopefully someday a little of his luck will rub off on us.

camera056.jpg

Here is one of his clients with a great big ole bear, first nite.

Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-you.

Troy, could you please e-mail me when you have time. I have a quick questions for you.

Thanks

bassinjp,

I know a good guide in the area. Id post is info. But it must be against forum policy smirk.gif Post your email addy and Ill send you is info. He might work some kind of deal with you.

Note from admin, Please read forum policy in full before posting again, Thank-you.

Bassinjp

You may recieve more information if you place your post in the the Deer, bear, Moose forum. Usually many questions in regards to bear hunting in that forum. You should find more help there also.

Its fine that you posted it here, its just that many more viewers are in the other forum as its more specialized to Bear.

Quote:

I no this is the fishing site but thought you all could help. Thinking about applying for a bear license. But worried about finding somebody to put bait out when not around any suggestions on somebody that could help or would trade baiting bear for another hunting type(Pheasants or Geese)

If you already have your hunting area picked out and you are just looking for someone to help you out in baiting once in a while, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

davewatkins3@netzero d-o-t net