Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mid-Lake Rock

Trolling Motors and Fuses

Question

Mid-Lake Rock

On my old boat, the positive (+) wires running from the batteries to the trolling motor had 50 amp fuses, each in a black fuse holder. I purchased a 2004 Crestliner this spring. The wiring was pre-rigged at the factory, and there are no fuses for the wires running from the batteries to the trolling motor. I’ve looked at some other boats that also do not have fuses. Will this be okay? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

kslipsinker

Install a Rig-Rite 50 amp circuit breaker on the positive. It installs in line and works great. Got them at Gander.

Whoaru99

Definitely you want some type of overcurrent protection device in those circuits.

There may not be fuses, but are you sure there are not circuit breakers already there? Small metal or plastic boxes maybe 3/4" wide by about 1" to 1-1/2" long, attached between the positive battery post(s) and the trolling motor power wires?

I'd find it hard to imagine a boat that new not having breakers or fuses from the factory - unless someone took them out before you got it.

Mid-Lake Rock

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to look for circuit breakers, and if I don't see them I'll buy a couple of the Rig-Rite products. Look simple to install and are inexpensive. Again, thanks for the info.

Valv

Look on the connector at the battery, there should be a small square gray terminal on the + end, that's your breaker.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• IceHawk
      First off welcome to the site ! Fish that area quite often and have seen some good flocks around there.  I would get out and do some glassing in the area , especially around some picked corn fields. Right now they are wintered up but will break  apart once spring gets closer. Maybe hit up a local bait store and ask around if anyone knows of a spot. Or look at the landowners list that received permits in that area. They legally have to grant permission to hunt there land but unfortunately a lot of landowners will tell you they are full even if there not  Good luck in your search. 
    • Bisonguy
      this will be my first time chasing Minnesota turkeys. Any tips on where to go around Lake Lida area? 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      When i was there all could find was perch but i only fished for about 3-4 hours all weekend. Not sure on panfish but i know the walleye bit is still pretty good. I'm sure theres plenty of panfish to be had back there though to.
    • Wanderer
      +1 here.  I miss the hills of SE MN but when I have birds walking through my yard it’s hard to leave Central MN. Its not like they’re gonna be super easy but I’m trying to get my first with a bow, and that’s not easy.  Not yet anyway.  The more days I can get in, the better.  And sticking around home makes THAT part easier. When I first started hunting turkeys it took me three seasons to kill a bird.  Then every year after that was a score with the shotgun for about 20 seasons maybe?  I’m going into my second legitimate season of effort with my bow.  Hoping two times is a charm.
    • JFitz
      I spent a little time last summer looking for weed walleyes in Niles Bay. About 10 minutes into my experiment I caught a chunky 22" on a spinner rig over a weedbed in about 10'. The weeds were growing about halfway to the surface but that fish had no problem smacking my bait. I'll keep experimenting this year.... can't wait for open water!
    • Rick
      I hear the panfish are kicking it up a bit? Any word out there?
    • Alex wilhelmi
      awesome feedback! thank you so much for the info! Ill get up ther next year, i dont want to keep any i just want to catch some nice eyes and northern.....hell, whatever! ive been in a sleeper 5 times on LOW and we only had one real good trip. upper red lake once in a sleeper caught 3 eyes in 3 days. i dont mind if i catch one or two fish, its all about the experience for me on the big water. but the girlfriend is a hard one to convince at times for a return trip if the fishing is slow. were headed to fairbault this weekend, i hope we get into something. thanks again guys! ill post a report on our trip. good luck on the ice!
    • IceHawk
      Well who else is going after long beards this spring? I was drawn for season B again no surprise. There were surplus tags left as there were last couple years.  Really like the new approach to not having to apply for the later seasons spreads the hunters out and gives guys like me the opportunity to get after them early   Been out doing some scouting and been seeing some big wintering flocks one I was glassing other day had over 60 birds in it! They have really been working over the picked corn lately.  Oh cant wait to hear the first gobble of the year 
    • Head Shot
      Hello: Repairing Coleman Focus 3 / 5 / 10 / and certain model numbers for the focus 15. If your coleman focus heater is in need of a rebuilt burner or other parts I can help. I do supply parts and repair the above heaters including rebuilding burners for the heater. Qestions = give me a shout. Head Shot eklb@mediacombb.net
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Pat, July is my best time for walleyes in the weeds! I did not cast spinner baits but did pull spinners with 1/2 crawler right along the edges in about 3' to 4' deep water. We were so close to the boat with our lines that we could see our spinners and actually see the walleyes charge out of the weeds and grab our baits! FUN!! Now, thanks to the rustys, those cabbage weed beds are gone. Cliff
  • Share & Have Fun