Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Sandpoint

5 posts in this topic

Anyone care to divulge their GO TO lure for Northerns on Sandpoint in mid May? I was planning on throwing spinner baits and inline spinners in the shallow bays since we'll be lucky to have Ice out by May 1st.

Natural Mepps, silver blade, small white twister tail, spinnersizes 3-5. I raised 3 boys on that lake. That's the lure that taught them to cast, play fish, unhook and handle fish etc. Never found anything that worked nearly as well. You've got the pattern figured out. Another thing to try is trolling big Rapala's like tail dancers along and off the rocky points. That works better later in the summer but you'll eventually catch a REALLY big one doing that.

Gold Rapala Husky Jerk. Biggest one that they make.

Well, I got som HJ's and a few X-raps. Some spinner Baits and a few inlines. Now I gotta figure out how NOT to go mad waiting for the next 29 days to go by.

Is the ice out yet?

WJ,

Look in the Crane forum a few topics down for "web cam". You'll find links to webcams of Rainy, Crane and Kab. I'm checking them several times a day now. The ice is darker and farther from shore all the time. Won't be long!