Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunflint

Lowrance H20c Wiring Question

6 posts in this topic

I haven't picked up my GPS yet but I am starting to fit out the boat. I plan to run wire to the battery in the bow for a power supply. I'm going to get a Lowrance I Finder H20c. What type of adapter does it come with? (cigarette lighter) What gauge wire should I run? Thanks

Yes they come with a Cig. adapter. I would go with a 14-16 gauge wire.

Yep find a 12 volt cig. lighter plug in and you will be good to go. I would put a inline fuse on the cig lighter as well. The cord for the H20 has a fuse already but if you have that kind of plug in you might from time to time plug other things in that don't have fuses built in.

I would use 14-gauge and fuse accordingly, probably 5-amp, so you can use the power outlet for other things like a handheld spotlight, too.

Ya think 5 amp should work well? Just bought a female adapter and it came w/ a 15 amp and don't know what to lower it to. Can't find a min or max amperage in gps manuel or on website. I was about to look @ fuse panel in the truck and go w/ that. Haven't gotten there yet though.

Thanks guys.