Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gorrilla

North and East End Resorts

6 posts in this topic

I've usually camped on Cass with my wife in the past, but I was thinking of getting my dad up to stay in a cabin preferrably on the North or East end of the Cass Lake chain(we wouldn't mind running up to Red one day if it is calm). Without referring me to the resort list, could any of you guys out there recommend some of the better spots you've encountered. Perhaps even Kitchi Lake...

Gorilla,

Welcome aboard to the site. You can't go wrong with Wishbone Resort. Our family has been coming up for 20 years and Bill and Lois and their son and his wife Ron and Linda have never dissappointed us. Top notch cabins, most have been remodeled or built new in the last few years, air cond in many of them ceiling fans as well. Decent fish cleaning house and they have an outstanding steak night each week. Nice pool, bar and game room as well. Give them a call and let them know The Windy City Walleye Hunter recommended them to you. Hurry because they book up quick! I hope this helps.

Windy

Try Horseshoe Resort... Clark knows a thing or two about Cass and Red...

http://www.horseshoeresortoncasslake.com/

If you have any questions feel free to email me... It's in my sig below...

Beef

Gorilla,

Beef is right about the Horseshoe. Clark has owned it for a few years now and he has really turned the place around. It was getting run down before. Clark is a great guy and I always stop over there each year to say hi and tip a brew. They are right next to Wishbone and some of our family has stayed in a few of his cabins when Wishbone is full up. You can't go wrong with either spots and they are on the north end of the lake. I would, however stay away from any other resorts on the north end of the lake, although Break on the Lake is not bad in a pinch.

Windy

Kitchi Landing would be a good choice if you want to try that lake. The owners are very nice people and Kitchi is a great lake to fish. It would only put you about ten minutes closer to Red though.

thanks brian and beef, I know its only ten minutes closer to Red, but if we do it, if thinking if its real calm we'll want to hit Red each day, but if we want to get the remaining four fish or its windy, Kitchi has been good to us in the past...