Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordie

Price for Freedom

10 posts in this topic

Today I had to do one of the things that I think most of us hate to do. I attended a funeral of a young man called Daniel Olsen he was 20 yrs old and a soldier and last week was killed in Iraq.

This was my cousins youngest and only son. This was a choice that he made to defend our country for our feedom.

The support of all the freinds and relitives, along with complete strangers is over welming to say the least.

The honor that is shown by the Marines for one of their own is unbeliveable and heart wrenching.

I would like to say thank you to all the men and women of our armed forces for what you do for my freedom that I have in this great country.

to the Olsen family our prayers are for you.

Daniel you will be in our thoughts and memories always.

Quote:

Today I had to do one of the things that I think most of us hate to do. I attended a funeral of a young man called Daniel Olsen he was 20 yrs old and a soldier and last week was killed in Iraq.

This was my cousins youngest and only son. This was a choice that he made to defend our country for our feedom.

The support of all the freinds and relitives, along with complete strangers is over welming to say the least.

The honor that is shown by the Marines for one of their own is unbeliveable and heart wrenching.

I would like to say thank you to all the men and women of our armed forces for what you do for my freedom that I have in this great country.

to the Olsen family our prayers are for you.

Daniel you will be in our thoughts and memories always.

My prayers and sympathy go out to his family. My oldest will be entering the Marine Corps this year and it weighs heavily on my mind. God Bless them all. They have made the ultimate sacrifice. I will smoke a pipe in Daniel's honor. I am humbled by his sacrifice.

I can not express my gratitude and admiration for the heros that fight and have given their lives for us. I have 6 friends from high school that are serving our country in Iraq. They, and all the others, are more brave than I could ever hope to be. I pray for them daily and I will pray for all the families that have lost heros such as yours. God bless and keep.

my family sends its thoughts and prayers for youre loss

we also have a family member that is over there for his 3rd tour

My many thanks and sympathy go out to you and your family.

God Bless Daniel Olsen and his family! Along with all of our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines! Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who serve and sacrifice for this great country!

Good Luck!

Ken

Rest In Peace Daniel Olsen. Thank You for what you have done. May all the other soldiers fighting for our country know that we are thankful.

God Bless. There is nothing more honorable then the sacrifice of Mr. Olsen. County, Liberty, Honor and Fellowship.

today was the burial part of the funeral and I can't begin to say thank you enough to all the people that attended and the familt was so overwelmed by the amont of people that did not know Daniel.

I have never been to a milatary burial before and all I can say is what an honor to have been related to this young man.

This is something I wrote for the family along with all the other familys that have lost a solider.

Todat we lay a soldier in the ground

As we listened 21 guns did sound

We think with our minds and wonder why

Our hearts are filled with saddness and begin to cry

This a celebration of a life he shared

That showed to us that all had cared

While his life was short here on earth

He brought joy and laughter ever since birth

Complete sacrfice is what he gave

Hopefully knowing how may lives were saved

The Gates of Heaven are open and the trumpets will sound

Because today we lay a soldier in the ground

thank you to all for your prayers

Quote:

today was the burial part of the funeral and I can't begin to say thank you enough to all the people that attended and the familt was so overwelmed by the amont of people that did not know Daniel.

I have never been to a milatary burial before and all I can say is what an honor to have been related to this young man.

This is something I wrote for the family along with all the other familys that have lost a solider.

Todat we lay a soldier in the ground

As we listened 21 guns did sound

We think with our minds and wonder why

Our hearts are filled with saddness and begin to cry

This a celebration of a life he shared

That showed to us that all had cared

While his life was short here on earth

He brought joy and laughter ever since birth

Complete sacrfice is what he gave

Hopefully knowing how may lives were saved

The Gates of Heaven are open and the trumpets will sound

Because today we lay a soldier in the ground