Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vister

late WINTER crappies

4 posts in this topic

With the weather we are having, more winter like than spring, has anyone had luck, skill to others!, or know a lake or tonka bays where one could find some crappie action. At least a depth to target would be nice as i have had little luck so far on open water. preferably west metro, but willing to travel!! thanx. my girlfriend would appreciate it more than me, guess i don't make a good guide under these circumstances!! crazy.gif

I have been doing well on minnetonka crappies 10ft to 18fow 8ft down in the bays slip bobber and fluflu jig.

last weekend we caught a bunch of crappies in a weedy bay. It was abot 10 ft deep with 3 ft tall weeds and the crappies were suspended in the tops of the weeds. We located them with an underwater camera and then anchored and casted to them with ice fishing jigs and wax worms. They did not want anything to do with minnows. You also had to keep the bait moving if you just let it sit under the bobber they would not touch it, you had to use a slow steady retrieve.

I was on White Bear on Sunday and it was uneventful..the normal locations for spring time were not happening yet, still a little cold.