Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

Anyone been on the mn river by black dog yet?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know of or been out by the black dog area off 35w lately? Wanted to get a report.

not really that recent, but for what it's worth I was down there during that warm snap a few weeks ago- couple of small channels and a redhorse.

it'll just get better from there I suppose...

Thanks Grant!

Water level is way up Mate! About 2-3ft from the top of the metal wall and ripping through pretty good.

thanks

Larry

no problem- we ought to arrange to go fish one of these days as it gets warmer- before the bugs get thick.

ain't no such thing as a bad day fishing!

yes my buddy went up there while we tried a different spot he didn't hit much one or two small channels he said its still to high

It was high last year around this time too. The bites were pretty light...BUT..there are big fish! I think I'm going to use the flies for trout this weekend....leave the cats alone for another week or two. We should hook up for a friendly trip out there one of these days. I'm usually catfishing down there somewhere. Last year, I had a week where I was at the same spot, everyday for 6 days straight. Good luck to you guys if you guys go. Keep us posted on the bite. I may stop by later Sunday after my trout runs down the driftless. grin.gif

went out there today it is high some really light bites and the current just kept drifting me into the side

Thats how it was last year....but man...did we pull some brutes out of there! Felt like sunny bites....until they ran!