Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
castindad

remodeling older boat forumn

12 posts in this topic

i am aware that this does existy already but i am unable to find HELP CASTINDAD

I am not sure exactly what question you are looking to have answered but if you post your question in this forum or the Boats & Motors forum I would venture to say that it would be answered.

What do you need help with? castindad.

I restored a boat. A 1981 Chrysler "bass pro runner 17". O/H eng. totaly and added all new upgrades. It is my pride and joy. I will give you a before image and in a couple of days, i will get a now image. I get alot of compliment's from the guys who were around when they were new. I dropped alot of time and money into her and I will give it to my son's before I sell her. Any ?'s please ask.

Best regards,

SHACKBASH

MKnHL6vPWxV9+aS2TYmqziYDMNGZu0uY0300.jpg

Before!

ddZmdYrTVe5OPpY8T9xZ-rcLuZWmMqCR0300.jpg

After!

Looks like one heck of a mille lacs boat... You haven't ever put it out there have ya? grin.gif

spacebarg my granddaughter wants to transform her boat yes grandaughter! there was a blog back in feb. 05 with pictures of each step in the procedure. i am unable to locate castindad

Heck ya! I have had her in 4' to 7' rollers. Took a couple of waves though. During photo, I had not tilt or trim. I used an adjustable sinch strap. Since then I changed transium alot.

QafZ+IBjGzPwO8AWq-Dy2PSXqLmhjLfO0300.jpg

3L2QnPF-ID8fJ0GVQX1BXpnkYrkcwQ4+0300.jpg

x8XFtliTWDutSbmn4y8cafNylM9pvKe+0300.jpg

Well here she is. She is not that the brand new Ranger, but I call her home. I have dual live well's, bait well. Large rod locker. 12 gal. built in tank and 6 gal aux. tank. Dual bilge pump system and float minder (for keeping her in water for a week at a time). 105hp bored .060 over. Weisco alum. forged pistons. Three Makunie carbs (freshly o/h and synced). New Minkota trolling motor. Power anchor system. new carpet threw out. Humming bird matrix fishing system with GPS and dual display's(one on bow and other on helm). Happy Troller slows down troll. I have custom made back trolling Plexiglas shield’s (large pains)and bracket, but have not installed yet. Also original working retractable mooring tie off ropes (keeps tension when tied to dock, but lets out when larger waves come up). Remote controlled spot light. On board charging system (4 batteries). I know there's more. I also strengthened up transom with diamond plate pre-braked at 90 deg over top of transom. Also "CMC" tilt and trim. Tether switch and all items needed for tournament use. She is my river boat (note scum ring). Have not had her out in a couple of years, but am waiting for warmer weather and will have her out this year. A couple of my buddies have bought new decked out fishing boats and have not hade a need to take her out lately. OOOh. New tires, Power winch, and trailer jack. I love loading onto trailer with low profile and side guides. New windshield from Hanneys (not shown) All for now.

Shackbash,

What river you been fishing? Looks like the "St. Croix Stain" on my boat! smile.gif

Castindad, Do you remember the names of any on the people that posted? Or the original posters name? or the title of the post?

Otherwise check out this thread in open water forum

advise on paint and floor for aluminum boat

Castindad I see your in St Cloud I live by Willmar,Every year I redo a old aluminum boat I'm on my 6th.I have 2 in my yard compleated 1 I'm just starting,1 row boat and my largest boat a 18' aluminum to pick up this summer.If you would be in the area stop by.Post in the Willmar forum and let me know.

sparcebag i stay at old mill in the summer thanks castindad