Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ikeslayer

Huge trout updated with pics

ikeslayer

a couple of friends and i did our annual big trout adventure. We usually don't catch many and again we didn't in fact we only caught one. SHE was HUGE. She went 5 pounds even and measured 23 1/4 roughly. pictures will be up as soon as we get them. i just couldn't wait to tell all of you. Now wouldn't you all love to know where that is grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Rugbyguy

What did you catch her on?

ikeslayer

old standby white power grub. in the past mimmic minnows have treated us to some 3-4 pounders. But power grub always produces

ike

Rugbyguy

That's an awesome fish for the early barbless season, or any season for that matter. I hope to tie into something big for opener on Saturday.

Tyler Holm

Awesome fish Ikey,

Lets see some pics of that hog. Rugby, take notes. I want one like that on opener as well.

ikeslayer

finally got pics for you all. the guy in the picture is mike stelzner he runs a small duck call making business in zumbrota called C&S custom calls. You may have seen him around at different venues he is quite the outdoorsman

trout.jpg

trout3.jpg

DEADhead

nice piggie

Meaney

i think that thing is the missing link!

lookincalifornia

no, i think his name is Mike grin.gifgrin.gif

great looking fish ike. hey, mike and ike cool.gif

Dan Thiem

Awesome!!!

WxGuy

Beauty, eh!

Meaney

was that caught in se mn?

Jim W

I doubt it was caught in SE MN...there's no big browns around...might as well hit Iowa waters for Trout this year.lol

Crickschop04

Clancy's article was interesting in the Thursday PB. He said that he was using husky jerk for trout in non-designated trout streams, and I was wondering how you would convince the game warden that you weren't fishing for bass, sauger, or other game fish???

WxGuy

Quote:

Clancy's article was interesting in the Thursday PB. He said that he was using husky jerk for trout in non-designated trout streams, and I was wondering how you would convince the game warden that you weren't fishing for bass, sauger, or other game fish???

I'd think they'd know there were trout in there and would understand that he was after some of the big'uns.

I thought the article was a good one, and it highlights some of the resource that many might not have known was out there...whether most people will like that or not is up in the air. wink.gif

ikeslayer

it is funny that all of you have brought up some interesting things

Yes one of my fishing and hunting buddies is mike so that makes us mike and ike

Secondly that fish was caught in SE mn and it was on a non designated trout stream. I had a xrap tied on when we were actually checked by the warden. He knew what we were up to. Although we never discussed species he knew were weren't after suckers. Lastly my biggest trout have come out of non designated trout streams and a friend of mine is a pro at going for the big ones. he has caught 1 dozen fish over 5 pounds in his career all from se mn. His favorite lure is a number 9 yes 9 Floating jointed rapala. WOW iknow. So get out there and get away from the crowds. i have many stories of guys catching big fish but they were off the beaten path and they were not afraid to walk Miles to get to these spots. good luck on Saturday to all. Don't forget to bring you tape measures and your cameras so that you can let the big one go and just get a replica mount made. ike

WxGuy

Quote:

Don't forget to bring you tape measures and your cameras so that you can let the big one go and just get a replica mount made. ike

HEY! I was once told by a wise man...

"The easiest way to catch a trout over 20" is not to measure it."

kidding

grin.gif

fishface

I wan'na be like Ike! smile.gif

Tyler Holm

Quote:

I wan'na be like Ike!
smile.gif

Me too!