• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Product that is SUPPOSSED to get you better mileage

markzeke

Question

I was wondering if anybody else had heard of ca40? It seems that the price is reasonable enough but there must be a million of these items out there.

[please read forum policy before posting again, thank you]

22 answers to this question

I've heard of it before, what was that name.... oh yea! Snake oil, thats it!

Never heard of it until now.

Miracle mileage enhancer products have come and gone and some seem to linger around. My gut feeling is this is just another one of those things where the only "miracle" is the electronic transfer of money from your bank account into theirs.

The only product in a bottle that impresses me is Leinenkugel Red, but I don't think it will improve any mileage. grin.gif

If any of this stuff really worked, the car manufacurers would be putting it in. It would be a very cheap way for them to raise their CAFE numbers to keep the government happy.

Quote:

The only product in a bottle that impresses me is Leinenkugel Red, but I don't think it will improve any mileage.
grin.gif

What do you mean Valv? Every time I drink it I end up going Put Put... a little wind has got to help mileage grin.gif

marine_man

One thing to keep in mind about all of the mileage incresing do-dads or the "make your engine last forever" additives.

Don't you think if they really worked that the manufacturers would use them?

Hey Valv, One study has found the average American walks 900 miles per year, another study found we drink a average of 22 gallons of beer per year, therefore we average 41 mpg, not too bad . HTB grin.gif

Quote:

Hey Valv, One study has found the average American walks 900 miles per year, another study found we drink a average of 22 gallons of beer per year, therefore we average 41 mpg, not too bad . HTB
grin.gif

Great study, but I have a V10 so my mpg is lower... grin.gif

Hey guys, this thread going off topic, please stay with subject or start a new one in the proper section.

Thank you

Quote:

Quote:

no then they would build themselves out of work.

same goes for the contractors that rebuild roads if they did them totally right. in ten years they would be out of work. with good roads all around they would have alot of expensive, not needed equipment, sitting in the lot. it just amazes me that there are roads in europe that are over fifty years old and have not been touched since they were put down. my two cents worth. ... paul

Get real.

If civil engineers know that it can be done, then they will hold thier contractors to that standard.

Quote:

Quote:

same goes for the contractors that rebuild roads if they did them totally right. in ten years they would be out of work. with good roads all around they would have alot of expensive, not needed equipment, sitting in the lot. it just amazes me that there are roads in europe that are over fifty years old and have not been touched since they were put down. my two cents worth. ... paul

You really have no idea do you, we could have roads like that... but I hope your the one footing the bill.

Sorry guys diddn't want to get off topic, but I build roads for a living. mad.gif

Regards,

Booth

Getting back to miles per gallon (of Beer)... I think based on your formula I would get about 4 miles to a gallon. Ha.

Owwww I made myself feel bad.

Jeeez you guys. This is one of the oldest scams in the history of the internal combustion engine! Ha! You'll notice they often claim improvements that are right at the edge of being difficult to measure without scientific instruments. I heard a few minutes of a big dummies radio program the other day and he had fallen hook, line and sinker for this silliness.

But hey!...it's YOUR money. grin.gif

I think these things all work on the placebo effect. You put the gunk in your engine, then start watching your mileage. Subconsciously you start easing up on the gas a little, coasting a little more to a stop. Then you say, "Hey the stuff works! I'm getting better mileage!"

Quote:

You really have no idea do you, we could have roads like that... but I hope your the one footing the bill.

Sorry guys diddn't want to get off topic, but I build roads for a living.

sorry i knew when i posted this i would get a reply as such. and not to get off topic. but i and we do foot the bill. in the enormous taxes we pay. all i am saying is.... when you see a road crew putting down asphault in the pouring rain you know that next spring there will be delamination of this road. i can show you many spots on many roads where this has happened. all i am saying is that if it were done right the first time it would not have to be redone in ten years. i am truely sorry i stepped on your toes. there should be tighter standards and more accounting for jobs done. i can show you a patch of hiway 7 west of the cities that they did a b.s. patch job on last year it took them almost three weeks to scrape down patch material. and after the long hot summer sun had beat down onit for three months, it is worse than it was before they started. again i say DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! sorry thats my rant for now. hope you all have a great day. and can take pride of your work. i do have the most respect for those who are doing the road work cause we could be driving on gravell roads like they do in third world countrys. i am just tired of paying my dentist to replace the fillings that have rattled out. ... paul

Highway 7! Yes that had to be re-done, I've driven on that highway and seen the road work.

I also know that there are other things that our road crew can't control. Nature's elements. Some crazy heat expansion and cold weather contraction, water under the tarmac and voila, broken asphalt. Especially that section of the highway wher both 35's merges. It's crazy how a road bumb appears overnight. One day I see a crack line, next day may car is jumping and I need a new wheel alignment.

Some of the craziest thing done on this highway was once they dug out a few section of it and resurfaced a driveway patch of it. It looked great right after it was finished. Then rain comes. Next thing I know there's a huge sink hole right where my wheel would go into. Guess what, I needed to get new shocks/struts after that. A pot hole is one thing, but more than 6 inches deep is like a sink hole. Well the great Minnesota country is just like this...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

Hey Valv, One study has found the average American walks 900 miles per year, another study found we drink a average of 22 gallons of beer per year, therefore we average 41 mpg, not too bad . HTB
grin.gif

Results may vary!

I read a somewhere that using acetone as a fuel additive increased MPG. Before you go out an try it know your risks by throughly researching the topic.

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry guys diddn't want to get off topic, but I build roads for a living.

sorry i knew when i posted this i would get a reply as such. and not to get off topic. but i and we do foot the bill. in the enormous taxes we pay. all i am saying is.... when you see a road crew putting down asphault in the pouring rain you know that next spring there will be delamination of this road. i can show you many spots on many roads where this has happened. all i am saying is that if it were done right the first time it would not have to be redone in ten years. i am truely sorry i stepped on your toes. there should be tighter standards and more accounting for jobs done. i can show you a patch of hiway 7 west of the cities that they did a b.s. patch job on last year it took them almost three weeks to scrape down patch material. and after the long hot summer sun had beat down onit for three months, it is worse than it was before they started. again i say DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! sorry thats my rant for now. hope you all have a great day. and can take pride of your work. i do have the most respect for those who are doing the road work cause we could be driving on gravell roads like they do in third world countrys. i am just tired of paying my dentist to replace the fillings that have rattled out. ... paul

quote]

Quote:

You really have no clue do you! How bout the guy that built your house? If he does it right it will last so why not cut corners, house falls down then he builds you a new one.

Seriously though the contractor has no say in how the roads get built the Engineer does. The roads have to be done to engineer specks. If not money is withheld. On the same note I've seen roads rebuilt with specs that I know wont hold up but the city or the (customer) is out of money. Should the contractor pay the extra $$$ to make it right sometimes costing several hundreds of thousands of dollars? Would you pay that out of your pocket? Short answer no. Do what the contract says and that's it. That's what stinks about my job, in the end when the road is junk its always that damm contractor.

One other note, I have never been to Europe but I do know there is not to many places that have freeze thaw cycles like we do and that will tear apart a road in no time not to mention the chemicals we put down to keep them ice free.

Hey guys, this thread is going off topic, please stay with subject or start a new one in the proper section.

Thank you

The only product I know that makes your vehicle faster and gets you better milage is chrome. Put chrome on a car and holy moly instant performance. wink.gif