Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bela0023

Good ice fishing dog

8 posts in this topic

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/bela0023/nelliekillians.jpg

I just had to post this picture of my dog, she likes to come out to the permanent fish house to hang out, she just couldn't stay up with the rest of us. She's actually a very good dog and the only place she's allowed up on anything off the floor is in the fish house so she takes advantage of the nice soft bunks!

Nice pic. She's got half decent taste in beer too.

Sorry about the eyes. If you look closely at the vexilar, you can see one of those famous URL crappies right there. Also a good shot of dirty ice if you ever hear the term. Never had any success teaching her to reel but she won't release if one hits.

Choards.jpg

That's a new twist on force fetch training!

Cool, I know the feeling - my pup tried to hang with us in the ice house, too. Just couldn't make it.

8950.jpg

My buddy had the best ice fishing dog ever, she would stand over the hole and point the bobber, motionless, until the bobber went down then she would start barking! Talk about a better version of a tip up.....

took my lab out on thge lake for the first time ever when she was 8 weeks old, wnet over to a group of guys and was talking to them aboot the fishing. every time she saw someone start reeling up a crappie she would run over stand between his legs and stare down the hole until the fish came up, she would lick it a couple times and then walk away looking for the next person to start reeling one up.

I guess I should add - I did teach him to jump onto the bunk and out of the way when one of the rattle reels go. Works great at night if you happen to be sleeping a little too soundly for one reason or another.