Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Patenaude

Starting to wonder ????

5 posts in this topic

So, I'm just starting to wonder if anyone thinks that there may not be ice out before the opener? I hope not seeing as how I schedule my vacation for opening week, but last I heard there was still 4' of ice out there. On another note, where do I find the poly (or whatever is used) that one puts on the bottom of ice house runners. I have to do some off season remodeling and thought that would be a nice addition. My runners are 16' long and 4 1/2" wide. Also thanks to everyone that participates in this forum. I can't even began to say how valuable this has been in the 3 years that I have been coming up there. This last ice season was fantastic thanks to all of you, and a special thanks to my good friends Brian and Penny at Lake Road Lodge who looked out for me and helped me out all winter.

I'm starting to wonder the same thing myself. Spring better get busy here one of these days. On the plus side, I can remember two different late ice outs 02, and 97 I believe, and they were the best pre-spawn/big fish bites I've ever seen. My wife even caught an 11lber, and she fished for like an hour with me. I lost track of how many horses we caught those 2 springs, but it was really something.

I put my golf mat out on the front walk today, and smacked a 1/2 dozen balls off into no where in particular... That should either make winter come around again, or turn up the heat... I'm hoping for the later...

Not sure where you are located but I got my runner material at a company called Cope Plastics, you can find it real easy on the web. They pretty much have anything you need.

Mike

I live in Duluth and drive to the Cities about 2-3 days a week. People around here started doing golf related activities after one 80 degree day. Guess what the result of that was!! (and it wasn't golf courses opening)

I'll check it out, Thanks