Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xedge2002

Trail Cameras out yet?

22 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody out there has their trail cameras out yet? I don't but have been thinking about putting them out this weekend.

I've had a homebrew one out at home just to test it. Not much to report except a lot of deer with no antlers. I do get a grey fox on camera quite often though. Beautiful animal.

I will be deploying a few at the farm this weekend.

I never took mine down!

lots of little tracks so I think I'm gonna put some out and see what's left from last year's WW III, I mean gun season. grin.gif JK. But seriously, been seeing lots out there so I'm gonna refresh the minerals and get the cam out.

This is the only interesting one I've had lately, a 3 legged doe. She did well all winter!! Picture228.jpg

Picture216.jpg

put mine out on monday, been seein plenty of deer, musta had a good winter!!!!

Not to get off subject, but my camera takes those 6 volt disposables, is there away to rig it up to a car battery? It seems to kill them 6 volt in a little over a week, and I hate spending $7 a week to look at the deer. Has anyone converted one of these to use a 12v? Can you just get some sort of voltage regulator?

Is it the square lantern battery?

Get yourself a rechargeable one(two actually).

What kind of camera is it? Moultrie?

Yes it is the square lantern battery. I dont remember the brand, its at my cabin right now! Do the rechargables last longer then a week? I never even thought of using them, good idea! But if one good convert a 12v into the 6v somehow, I think it would have alot more reserve capacity! Although I suppose I could get an old 6 volt tractor battery and use that also!

I am guessing you have a Moultrie.

Blackjack on here has one and he went with the rechargeable 6v lantern battery, and had immediate improvement on battery life. I know he is on the road for a week, so he may not see this to give his thoughts.

If you go with an external battery, go with a SLA(sealed lead acid). I have a couple 6v SLA's that I use on my Bushnell and Cuddeback cameras. They last forever compared to the D cells.

I would second that. I have two Cabela's-Moultrie camera's that I use SLA batteries on and I have been able to leave them out for a month at a time without going dead.

Yep, the rechargeables are the only way to go, I was burning thru a battery a week until I got the rechargeables. I couldn't tell you exactly how long they last because I go check them and pull my SD card and just swap out the battery every 7-10 days.

Where do you buy these rechargable batteries?

I got mine at Cabela's but any 6v battery would work fine.

Cabelas or Ebay.

Anyone else having trouble posting pics? I've tried and tried and haven't gotten it to budge. I posted a few a month ago and have done so elsewhere since then, but they just come up as a "red x" now??????

Posting pics shouldnt be any problem.

Send them to me if you want and I can post them.

biglakebass@yahoo.com

508448r10411a005at5.jpg

508448r10512a006tx6.jpg

Is that from this spring, or the fall?

Hmmm....still won't let me post them? I can see them in my post preview, but then they're gone. Oh well.

this winter