Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassboy1645

Loppers?!

4 posts in this topic

okay stupid question fomr a guy whos biggest lake fished is milleacs. WHAT IS A LOPPER?? im seeing these threads all over. confused.gif

A lopper is something you trim stray branches off a tree with....... a looper is a kamaloops strain of trout. I can't quite explain it but it is like a steelhead. I believe there are other guys here more qualified then this flatlander to tell you the strain. I couldn't resist the remark about "loppers". Sorry guys! smile.gif

Tunrevir~

Tou beat me to it by a couple minutes! First thing I though when I saw his post:) You got the answer right, just another strain of rainbows, in this case from the Kamloops area of British Colombia. Stocked in Lake Superior and available to shore fishers throughout a good portion of the year, in varying degrees.

Read the already posted answers in the other North Shore Reports. This question has been answered several times.