Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onthefly

Looper/Steelhead Best Times

6 posts in this topic

Guys. I want to invest in a shore-fishing rig as described by stcatfish in the "How to Looper Guide" at the top of this forum.

Before I do so, can you tell me - is shore fishing Lake Superior productive other than in April when fish are staging at the mouths?

Can a guy catch many fish in say - May and June or again in September? When do you guys stop shore fishing for steelhead/loopers/coho?

Usually around now I'm in the rivers but with the low run off this year the rivers are down and with the cold weather there freezing up again, so now is a good time to hit the shores around the lester, french, and sucker river also you might want to try in sucker bay too by stoney point,and in the end of october through out november can be very productive also, actually all winter can be good if you can stand the cold. Good Luck

I agree. There is plenty of fishing left to do. Kyle what up are you getting out fishing at all.

Hey whats up Jordon? No not as much as I would like to but from what I've heard I'm not missing anything special how about you ? You having any luck?

I've been fishing the shore since the week before saint pattys day. We have done very good this year. My biggest looper is a 30 1/2 in. buck. Biggest chromer is a 28 in clipped hen(released).

Cool, I just have'nt had the time nor the means of getting out there as much this year but when they start running up stream I'll be out there one way or another grin.gif Keep me posted on your results .