Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskieswen

positive attitude

16 posts in this topic

I am sure every one here is bumming big time about the cold weather spell we seem to be in and how it is going to effect the ice out conditions. I know that I am one of them, but being we are in that between time of good ice - bad ice just think of all the home projects we can get done. Maybe finishing of that room we pushed off for years, cutting and splitting wood for the summer camp fires, fixing the brakes on the old truck, etc. We can in simple terms bust our arses off in this spell and catch up on postponed projects. All this work to do, now I am bumming even more. This did not work out right! confused.gif

Hey there Muskieswen,

Good advice, unfortunately all the jobs I need to get done before fishing opener are outside. I'vesharpened all the hooks, repaired or replaced all my equipment and taken care of all my other house chores.

I have boats to get out of storage, clean, repair and get them ready for the season. I can't do any of those things in my living room. So I will have to remain in my state of depression for at least another week or so. We aren't expecting any good news from the weather man anytime soon and there are still mutiple feet of ice.

It's already the 9th of April today, with no real relief in sight, we are looking for sure at a May iceout. Man, That makes it a little tough for me to maintain my possitive attitude, at least from my point of view. frown.gif

I know after it finally goes I'll wonder what the heck I was so bummed out about. However right now it seems like the most important thing in my life and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to pi$$ me off just a little. smile.gif

See ya on the lake man! smile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

I really gotta agree that this new cold spell is a real bummer ! frown.gif

I have a new leak in my boat that developed late last fall that has to be taken care of as soon as we get warm weather.

To many honey-dos to even worry about! tongue.gif

Cliff

Do you think fishing in Pike bay will be closed opening day because of late ice out fish spawning?

Hey, I like the cold and snow.

Life is too short to get bummed out about something like the weather. We are all lucky enough to be alive and in good health to "enjoy" or not "enjoy" it!

Quote:

Do you think fishing in Pike bay will be closed opening day because of late ice out fish spawning?

If this cold weather hangs in here as predicted and we get a late ice out there is a good chance that Pike Bay just may be closed for the first week of the season.

Of course that all depends upon what the DNR decides.

Cliff

Cliff you will have to keep us posted on what the dnr decides. The lake vermilion trading company report says that the dnr is already collecting spawn at the hatchery.

If the DNR is collecting spawn at the hatchery, they must be catching the walleyes by hand! confused.gif

The trap nets do not appear to be out yet. Still to much ice on the river I believe.

I will keep you posted as to when the netting starts.

I will go over and take a look this evening to be sure as to what is going on.

Cliff

IF you see a post from "log" something, he will have the true facts on the hatchery as I believe he is caretaking the spawn this year. He reads often and posts occasionally

I didnt see it posted on here. It was on the Lake vermilion websites lake vermilion trading company weekly fishing report it said they were collecting spawn from the walleyes.

Sledneck,

Your comment reminded me of a old lyric from a song that goes like this; "thank you lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine". There's one to show your age smile.gif

Quote:

Sledneck,

Your comment reminded me of a old lyric from a song that goes like this; "thank you lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine". There's one to show your age
smile.gif

Amen to that! grin.gif

Cliff

Quote:

Sledneck,

Your comment reminded me of a old lyric from a song that goes like this; "thank you lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine". There's one to show your age
smile.gif

Tesla... nothing wrong with the hair bands from the 80's. And no, doesn't mean you're old smile.gif

Jeez, at 30 I must be really old then. Tesla's 1980s version was a remake of the Five Man Electrical Band's song "Signs."

I guess that I know my music better than my fishing.

Quote:

Jeez, at 30 I must be really old then. Tesla's 1980s version was a remake of the Five Man Electrical Band's song "Signs."

I guess that I know my music better than my fishing.

I laughed so hard when I read this. I am the same age and I also knew that little tid bit that you shared. Must be something with the 30 crowd.

Guideman I also got a little chuckle from your post because it gave me a mental picture of a boat parked in a living room with somebody tinkering with it.

Temps are going to be coming back up! Attitude is improving!!! smile.gif