• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Fishing Quotes

I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for fishing quotes. And hunting quotes too. I've seen a few good ones on some people's signatures on emails and on these boards. I was hoping some of you would share a few.

Here is one that I use and like. My wife actually found it and I keep it on my desk next to some pictures from fishing trips I have taken. When I see that quote or look at those pictures, I can take a 5 minute vacation and just imagine being out on the water again.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• Harmonica Bear

• FL SNIPER

• DonBo

Here are 3 that I like and i added them to my signature. The first 2 have an Unknown author.

Heres one more I just found that's pretty good with an Unknown Author

Walleye fishermen watch Monday night football, drink beer, drive pickup trucks and prefer noisy women with big breasts. Trout fishermen watch MacNeil-Lehrer, drink white wine, drive foreign cars with passenger-side air bags and hardly think about women at all. This last characteristic may have something to do with the fact that trout fishermen spend most of the time immersed up to the thighs in ice-cold water. ~Author Unknown

My favorite is " Ya know,even a fish wouldn't get caught if it kept its mouth shut" -Unknown

I use if often when someone says something stupid or puts their foot in their mouth. Good Fishing!!

In regards to bragging...

Man with big fish does not take alley home - Chinese proverb

In regards to skipping church on Sunday...

Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God

Justification for skipping church on Sunday...

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

In regards to lying to your wife about how much you spent at Cabelas...

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

And my all time favorite (this one's deep fellas)...

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after - Henry David Thoreau

"The Green Hornet has caught more fish than you've lied about, Justafson!" Walter Mathou in Grumpy Old Men.

"Shut up and fish." Several people I fished with as a kid.

My Grandpa told another guy in a bar " The crappies were so big it only took 11 to make a dozen" that was 45 years ago and I still chuckle

Randoid

"I took a picture of yesterdays catch and the picture weighed 4 pounds!"

" You catch more fish with your lure in the water"

One of my favorite quotes that have helped me through hard times is " In the end, nothing really matters becasue everthing merges together and a river runs through it. " Norman McClean.

As a Highschool kid and now college kid growing up fishing, my friends of the oppisite gender, as well as ex gfs would always ask me to take them fishing once or let me talk them into it. They only went once but thats a diff story crazy.gif Anyways my favorite thing to say after we motored to a spot and were getting set up was to look at them with a smirk and say " Grab my rod" grin.gifgrin.gif

one i like that i saw on another site: 'there is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore line an idgit.'

comedian, steven wright

"Fisherman should be the easiest of men to convince to commence the search for the soul, because fishing is nothing but the pursuit of the elusive. Fish invisible to laymen like me are visible to anglers like you by hundred subtle signs. How can you be so sagacious and patient in seeking fish, and so hasty and thick as to write off your soul because you can not see it?".

Titus (the philosopher) speaking to Gus Orviston (the fisherman)

in regards to philosophy

From the novel "The River Why"

by David James Duncan

"Once I said that trout fishing is a spiritual thing, and after a lifetime, I know it is true. For that matter, all fishing is a spiritual thing to a boy, no matter what he catches. The sense of surprise, the eternal wonder of a fish coming out of the water, the deep inherent sense of primitive accomplishment in getting food by simple means, and the Pipes always playing softly in the background -- no wonder all boys love fishing, no wonder all men, who are really boys at heart, feel the same."

Sigurd Olson

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm. ~Author Unknown

another one...

what are you catching? or what did u catch?? " A COLD!"

I cant even catch those on some days frown.gif

"Boy, they must really be bitin' today; Mikey's even catchin' 'em!" (Substitute Mikey with anyone)

"That guy. He's got a lot to learn."

"A halfa$$ed plan today is better than the perfect plan tomorrow."

And the old standby...

"Where-ya-catchin-em?"

"MOSTLY IN THE LIP!"

or

"Oh, I'd say 'bout sixty feet from shore."

Fishing was so bad today that I couldn't even get snagged!

Upon returning home after getting skunked and hearing "Where are all the fish?"

Answer 1: I've decided to take up catch and release

Answer 2: They're still in the lake

"It took me 50 years to figure out that the only thing worthwhile in life is fishing. Everything else has been just a fleeting diversion."

Questor, 2007

"A bad day of fishing beats the best day at work"

How long does it take to catch nothing?

Another:

As soon as I catch this one and two more I'll have three.

Quote:

My Grandpa told another guy in a bar " The crappies were so big it only took 11 to make a dozen" that was 45 years ago and I still chuckle

I Have to rember this one for me Its the best grin.gif

Quote:

And my all time favorite (this one's deep fellas)...

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after - Henry David Thoreau

What a great quote!

a few of my favorites:

"The beauty of the outdoors is that no one person sees or appreciates it the same way"

"The secret is to never lose the power of wonder at the mystery of the universe. If you keep that, you stay young forever. If you lose it, you die"

"guiding fisherman is easy, you just substitute the word please for the word dumba$$, as in, 'fish here please' or 'get in the boat now, please.'"

Chigger with gold teeth when snagged on bottom:

This fish is so big it's taking a rest...I'm taking a rest...were both just taking a rest...ah man whew ha ha ha.

"If you want to go fishing, don't work in the fishing industry" -Jeremy Smith

"Crappies! You wasted the whole day on Crappies! Nobody will drive to Waskish to fish Crappies! - KellyP to young Jonny 1986

Dude, they'll bite on that. - Steve Jonesi

How could I have forgotten...

And He said to them, Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men. - Mark 1:17