Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

open water reports

16 posts in this topic

is this forum as active in the summer as it is in the winter? i dont go on the forums as much in the summer. if its as active i need to check it out more often.

just as active if not MORE active!! im here everyday at least once cuz I'm hooked! grin.gifgrin.gif

Spring is the busiest time of year with opener and open water fishing coming up. Summer can be alright if fishing remains good. However, I've seen it before go days without a post if the weather really heats up and the fishing slows down.

I check it throughout the week in the summer in anticipation of the weekend fishing activity...hoping to hit up Diamond quite a bit for eyes and also make it out on green for the smallie action once or twice also.

Sartel; arent you who I pointed to coyotes? I live on Diamond,maybe you could point me to the eyes? Let me know when your fishin here,I'll make a point to look ya up.

thanks for the replys everyone, ill be checkingit out more often especially since im out in the new londen, hawick area most weekends. good luck fishin. remember to take it easy on the pannies early spring.

sparcebag yes indeed you did point me to the coyotes...I actually just got finished tanning it and it turned out very nice.

as far as the fishing goes, my girlfriend's parents have a place on Diamond just east of the public access at the county park. Around opener last year I caught quite a few fishing the point on the north side of the lake...on 4th of July weekend I had a lot of luck in the evening and early morning fishing real shallow.

I didn't have my boat up there but plan to haul it up a couple times this summer. Drop me your email address and maybe we could get out and stick a few.

SA/wdw

indy500as at hotmail (Contact Us Please) com

Post deleted by sparcebag

alright I'll "drop ya a line" this summer smirk.gif

sparcebag,where is diamond lake from hawick? we have a camper lot on north long.

On easter sunday West Norway was just about froze over again.

Got out for about 1and half hours yesterday on Sakariason,good crappie bite,sunfish hadnt started yet.Bass were really active,wouldnt stay away,2 inch berkly micro minnow smelt on Gypsy jig ,pink with gold tinsle.Tryed minnows and only bass and bullhead on them.Kids fishing clinic this Saturday at Junior High Willmar and Lets Go Fishing Dads Belgian Waffle Fundraiser at Willmar Senior center.Both are morning events.

Sakariason???

Glenn go to panfish post I put it in wrong post!

Dr Walleye, its one lake west of west Sunburg,Gravel road that goes south from supper club at Sunburg,all the way to county 40.Both sides are fishable and you can get a boat in east side.Lots of bass and very big panfish.Try the west side with smaller boat or canoe its been kinda ignored last couple ice off seasons.They connect to Monson and Paulson and other good shallow slough lakes .You can get some frisbie sized panfish out their ,but almost all year long they taste muddy.Smaller ones are still OK now.Bring the camera. cool.gif

sparcebag. i looked on the panfish forum[sunfish/crappies] i couldnt find your post. sorry.how is diamond for sufish or pike?