Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

Pelican Lake????

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellas just wanted to know if there is good fishing on Pelican Lake in June-July, mabey looking at spending a week up there and want to Know what the fishing like? struter? water clarity?

Great family vacation lake, but if I were looking for a fishing trip I would go to Kab-Nam-Crane or Rainy. Of course if you like pan fish then the lake is about as good as it gets for action. The kids love it. After mid-June there are lots of weeds in the bays and deeper waters around the islands. Water is stained.

Pelican Lake is one of the best lakes. 1st week of june is best. If you go in early june you can be guaranteed football size smallmouth and largemouth. The pike are skinny- nothing special. The crappie and bluegill are incredible. If you know how to fish for them, Pelican has some very large eyes- not huge numbers, but really good average size. I love Pelican. Easy lake to fish, tons of action, good quality. One of my favorite lakes, but get up there 1st week of June for a trip you will never forget.

Clear water, overall shallow lake. Great reefs, rock points, and weedy bays. Pelican Lake is easy to fish- normally if a spot seems like it should hold fish, it does. We "discovered" Pelican when we were not catching fish on Vermillion and decided to take a day trip. Ended up taking day trips to Pelican for rest of the week. Have stayed at Pelican for 8 straight years.

Pelican rocks in early june.

Footballs is right!