Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob/Mn

Lake Maps

4 posts in this topic

Are there any paper or digital maps available for Rainy Lake?

In digital I would go with the Navionics HotMaps Premium Lake of Woods +2k. It has just been released and contains Rainy, plus a lot of other Lakes including all of LOW

I have last years premium north chip (Color H2O GPS) and it is very good for rainy (canada side anyway) and shows rocks awash and good detail. for paper maps, the canadian side Hydrographic Charts are super, they run about 20 bucks each and it takes I think 7 to cover the entire north side, but if you are fishing in only a couple of areas you can go on line and pick the one(s) you need. they also show rocks awash and good detail. The lake was surveyed for the maps back in the 60's but God has not changed it much over the last 40yrs. I use both when fishing and can say that over the last 5 years, have not hit a rock yet, even a couple of years ago when the lake was so low (2003 or 04) you can figure the level from the mean.

Bitz

If you're looking for paper maps, The Map Store in the cities is where we get ours. Good maps! They're the same ones that bitz refers to I believe. They have almost all the rocks and humps on there. Over the years, we've only found one rock/boulder and one rock hump that were not on the map.

This is on the Canada side of Rainy though. NW Bay area. smirk.gif