• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Todays Fishing Media Personalities

I've become pretty jaded after watching an epidose of a "big name" fishing show being filmed. The same fish was "caught" by all 5 guys present. That nice pike was in and out of the hole at least 30-40 times. That being said I'd like to spend a day in the boat with any of the following: Mr Roach, Hrbek, Bucher or Mehsikhomer(sp).... Hey would "the Griz" count as a "celeb" 'cuz I think that guy does really catch fish.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Questor

• LoonASea

• Harmonica Bear

• icehousebob

I think I could learn a lot and enjoy the day with Van Dam or Stange but no one has mentioned a Canadian fellow name Ytalo Labignon. His show was, I think, Canadian Sportfishing and he fished for all the fish we northern guys like, a biologist, often fished with kids and many times got out of the boat and waded when called for. Really nice seeming fella.

Top o' da list:

- Dean Travis Clarke, Sportfishing Magazine TV - this guy has the best job on the planet... fly to sunny ocean and gulf locations all over the world, stay in resort hotels, and hire friends with super fast boats for day after day of pelagics, cobia, stripers, grouper, redfish... I just want to tag along and wet a line!!! He sealed the deal for me when he did a show on migratory stripers off the Outer Banks of NC.

- I also like "Captain James" from "Off The Hook". As corny as this reality show can be sometimes, this guy is east-coast-raw like I grew up, I'd pull bunker busters in NY Harbor for stripers in his boat any day, he's as real as it gets on fishing TV.

Bottom o' da barrel:

- Bill Dance. What a cornball, trying to act the way he does. And he dresses like my dad. grin.gif

Somewhere in da middle:

- Shaw Grigsby or Hank Parker - I don't think these guys can have bad days on the water. The fishing may stink, but they have their priorities straight, seem like the "fishing partner for life" kinda guys.

- The Next Bite guys, Keith, Pete and Gary. They have FUN - just listen to the hoots and hollers and cheers and congrats when they boat a toothy critter.

Cindy Garrison - Getting Wild With Cindy(if you don't know who she is do a google image search) smirk.gif

Jose Wejebe - Spanish Fly

Jerry Mckinnis - The Fishin' Hole

No one mentioned " THE GRIZ ".... I think if you want Walleyes, he be the man. But there is a thought to ponder.

I have fished along side of The Babe... Dave Genz... on ice. I think fishing with Al Linder would be a tremendous true experience. But if your in Al's boat, your not about to blurt out a few dozen "F N heimers when you get the big one on. Swearing I believe would get you on the dock pretty quick. Now the other fine fisherman previously mentioned..... no "F" an heimer problem letting go on the language.

ooo.gif

my brother took his father in law fishing with the Griz last summer. He said the two old men sat in the back of the boat chatting all day while he fished. and he would do it again at the drop of a hat.

I would love to fish with JOE FELLEGY on (Contact Us Please). There's No one that could be a better choice. The rest are all parasites.