Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Replacing hard drive question.....

8 posts in this topic

I'm replacing my 80gb Maxtor with a 320 gb Western Digital. Windows XP.

Anyways, we bought a program, recommended by the guys from Geek Squad, which is supposed to copy the hard drive right over, so I don't have to reinstall the programs.

Anyways, my accounting program, when I try to access it from the laptop (hard drives are on my desktop), which is my network server, I get this message... "Not enough server storage is available to process this command".

All the programs work right on my desktop, and I've already tried remapping the network drive, but nothing's helping...

Any suggestions??

[please read forum policy before posting again, thank you]

ALWAYS make a back up of your registry or at least the key you change before you make a change to your registry.

The fix Broman pointed out should solve your prob, & as Upnorth suggested back your registry up before making changes.

It appears you may have Norton Antivirus (maybe a bit older version?) running on your server & when you imaged the larger drive this setting didn't update.

Should be an easy fix, good luck!

Huh... bought a program?

As best I can recall, all the retail boxed hard drives I've ever purchased included a drive copying program with them.

Alright... that's what worked.... it was blocking both my publishing program and the accounting, now the publishing program works, and I no longer get the previous message when I try to access the accounting program, but....

Now, I've got another question....

My accounting program, when I try to access the network drive from the laptop, I keep getting "Datapath in use, please try again later".

I've already deleted all the network drives, re-accessed them, but I stil get that error....

[please read forum policy before posting again, thank you]

Quote:

Here's something in found on the peachtree forums.

Basically it sounds like you need more rights on your new pc.

Quote:

I must assume that you are running Windows XP and not Vista in which case this sounds like a network Rights or Privileges problem.

Be sure that you have shared the drive and are allowing FULL PERMISSIONS for all on the Share.

All users must have ADMINISTATIVE RIGHTS to both their local drives and to the shared or host drive.

When using Peachtree 2007, you must install Peachtree and the Pervasive Database components on the HOST drive first and share the Gateway / Datapath. You may have loaded another computer first having defined it as the Server or HOST, indicating that it would be the primary. If this is so, you must UNINSTALL Peachtree on both the original Host and the new Host. Reinstall on the new Host and indicate that it will the primary or host computer (Peachtree Company Data Files reside on the Host) and then reinstall Peachtree on the workstation and indicated the datapath to find the shared data.

You're probably right. That's why we purchased the additional program, so we would be able to work around the "uninstall / reinstall" process, but I guess it just isn't going to be like that.

Tomorrow morning I'll call up Peachtree.... find out from them.