Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vermilionwally

Hellwig Creek

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody has ever fished Hellwig Creek? I always drive by it on my way up to Vermilion and I read that it has some brookies or browns but was wondering if anybody has fished it.

Hey wally, I would just go out and try fishing some of these small spots. It's hard to get info online because people don't like to post specific locations on small fragile streams that normally don't recieve fishing pressure. So I think your best bet is getting out and finding your own secret spot you don't have to share with anybody.

I probably will just have to go fish it sometime. I just dont want to waste my time fishing in a spot that has no fish you know wink.gif. Maybe on my way up for the walleye opener ill give it a shot.

Hey wally - looks like you have unwittingly stumbled on Quickstrike's secret spot - where he regularly pulls out 16-20 inch trout, with a larger one every trip or two....

Just don't tell anyone!

HAHA, I wish! I haven't fished it or heard anything about it other than, "I heard there's a few trout in there." There's a lot of streams like that up here that you just have to explore and start crossing them off your list if you don't have any success. If you pound them in Hellwig, keep it secret......and send me a e-mail. grin.gif

I dont know I dont like to give my secret spots away wink.gif. If I hammer them in there ill probably take the secret with me to the grave grin.gif

there are no trout in there grin.gif just creek chubs grin.gif

I know wink.gif. Looks like it wasnt quickstrikes spot that i stumbled upon.

Hey you can email me to grin.gif