Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BorderView

Musky Guide

4 posts in this topic

Looked at all the great guides on the FM guide page. Have a unique, I think, situation. Want to take my 13yo son out for 2 days of guided musky fishing. He is a great fisherteen, but not a experienced musky fisherman. Looking for a patient guide that will satisfy dad who has been guided in Canadian and US portions of LOW and a X-Games teen with little experience. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I highly reccomend these musky guides:

Dave Schaeffer Guide Service

Musky Tom Guide Service

Ace Guide Service

Any one of these guys are very experienced and will give you and your son a great learning experience.

E-mail me if you need contact info.

Cliff

A couple more for your consideration are:

Dave Swenson

Jim Roerig aka FM member silverscale, He is retiring from the forest service and is going to be guiding on Vermilion. He's probably one of the most knowledgable muskie angler you'll ever meet. He was weaned on muskie fishing growing up in the Bemidji area and now resides just a few miles from Vermilion. He's been fishing Vermilion muskies since there's been a fishable population. Jim And Dave Swenson were the winners of the PMMT last September on Vermilion. Jim's caught the heaviest muskie to ever come out of Vermilion. Jim's a great teacher as are all the guides mentioned above, you really can't go wrong with any of them. cool.gif

Musky Tom (Picasso) has some of the coolest looking fish catchers(lures) you'll ever see.

Borderview,

I'd love to guide you and your son for two days on Vermilion...getting kids hooked on musky fishing is awesome, and a very satisfying experience, and taking kids fishing is a big part of what I do.