• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

shore fishing

anyone having any luck shore fishing around the buffalo area. not looking for any lakes just wondering if anyone has caught any panfish in shallow yet. I went out and tried a lake today but it was cold and no fish shallow yet. I think the cold pushed them back out and it will be another week or two before they really start biting. thanks

My best guess, you will need to wait 2 weeks to find any shore fishing. The water is just to cold, for pannies to come into the shallows.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nope there are some crappies showing up in the channels and boat habors it was still to cold to bring the gills in over the weekend, but i did get alot of crappies on 2 different lakes in the area and it was from shore.

• 2 weeks later...

Try a little bobber, 16" of drop to a #4 aberdeen hook baited with a crappie minnow. Simple is better.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

FLu Flu and gulp depends one the depth

I like a flu-flu with waxies or maggies, Size 6 hooks with minnows, (small crappie minnows up to small fatheads) let the fish tell what they like. I have found many of the larger crappies prefer larger minnows. Most of these fish have been suspended, sometimes over 10 to 18ft of water.

Go small first then work your way up.