Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cove

electric vs gas motor on Silver lake & Gamehaven

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know for sure, or know where I can find out, regulations on gas vs electric motor on Silver Lake in Rochester or Gamehaven? confused.gif

i was wondering the same thing,i would assume that its electric only but i do know that the roch ski team has a ski show there over the 4th of july wkend and they use there outboards, but who knows they may get a special permit or somthing by the city?

I don't know for sure, but I do know that foster arends is electric only so i would guess that those two would be the same. But like I said , I don't know. confused.gif

Gamehaven is electric only or so I've been told. But I new a guy who use to troll northerns on silver lake by the fire hall with a five horse Johnson alot. he never got in trouble so i assume it legal. wink.gif

The rowing team also runs a gas motor on Silver Lake as well.

i will clear up the confusion. For the average joe's like me and you we have to use electric. If you want to use gas powered you have to apply to use it and get some sort of conditional use permit. if you want to know the law about it there is a sign next to the access behind the fire station. i can only speak for chester and silverlake however. ike

Yeah, somehow I don't think "I need to go fishing" would qualify for special gas motor permit on Silver Lake.

I have a Porta-Boat coming any day now. Plan to use electric for sure but am thinking about getting a little 5 or 6 hp motor.

Let me know if you are interested in a '75 Mercury 7.5hp motor.