Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Antique Appraisers

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with having larger furniture appraised in your home??

The wife and I have 3-4 pieces that we were given for helping someone move, that we'd like to know if they're worth holding onto, or just take them to the local "Goodwill". One of the pieces we know isn't worth anything, but the others...???

One's a chian cabinet from the mid-'30s, and yes, we know it isn't from 1730, but we'd have to give it away if it were worth $400-500.

Anyways, if anyone's got an idea, let me know. Thanks.

LMM, I'd check with the antiques shop in Forest Lake right off hwy 61 just south of the hwy 8 bridge, next to play it again sports. They might be able to help you out. Might not hurt to bring some pics along and get the name or any markings off the pieces in question.

Tunrevir~

You're right... I drive past that place 20 times / week, especially during mowing season. I'll have to stop in there.

We're trying to remodel a foyer, and it's jam packed with this furniture we were given.

We know it's worth more than our time that it took to help move... but how much more???

my uncle was a antique collector and seller, i worked with

him part time, so i know if it would be junk or good...

if you want to send pics i could give you a ball park

figure. bonehead149@yahoo.com

i also collect antiques, now i am into old pinballs and

arcade games. i got a neat bar that came out of the gangster

hangout in willernie/ mahtomedi hexagon house. circa 1934.

randy aka bbqhead