Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

04-06-07 Evening Report.

2 posts in this topic

Made it out into Sand Bay this evening and made it to a spot that is usually traditionally good year round. Despite the miserable wind and blowing snow that seemed to make it into everything((it packed the mesh on the side of my marcum into one solid pack of snow that wouldn't break up!)), it turned out to be a great evening.

I made it out there around 6:00 pm. by 6:15 I had the break pinned down that was on my GPS. Drilled a string of holes the first started in 20 feet(from the surface of the water) and drilled out to 24-25 feet(again from the surface of the water).

Found the 22' depth and figured that is was as good of a spot as any to start...Dropped down the spoon and as soon as it entered my 5' zoom window on the LX-3 I had a fish coming off of bottom. I worked my magic and it chased in up 4' to absolutely anihalate it! It was a 26" walleye! Not a bad way to start out the evening. Next drop, no later than 1 minute after I released the 26" beauty, along came a 13.5" eater. Released it 'cause I thought things were gonna only get better, well....

They did, but no more keeper fish. From 6:30 until sunset I was constantly droppin the spoon and catching a fish almost instantly every time. Most ranged 9"-12", but for every 4 to 6 small fish I caught one big one. Ended up with a 19.5", 20",23",25", and of course the 26".

I also lost another that felt good, but NO eaters. Oh well, just another great day in paradise and by far the fastest walleye fishing I have ever had on Rainy through the ice, not to mention one of the best days for big fish that I have ever had on Rainy. Oh, I wish this late ice stuff could go on forever!

Looking to head out again on Saturday, will give a report upon return. I can only hope that it is still good, but you know fishing is fishing.

Take Care Guys and Good Luck Fishing!

Bill, thanks for the great play-by-play (fish-by-fish). Sounded like the BITE was really ON! That's what we all fish for and it comes few and far between sometimes. Thanks for share the info on tactics.

Chris