Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EyesonCassToo

Marine band radios

5 posts in this topic

I have a marine band radio on my boat that I use at other areas I fish, I have not used it much when I'm at Cass Lake. Now it is not working and I'm thinking about replaceing it. Do many people use marine band at Cass or do they use C.B.radios or nothing? Just wondering what to do. Counting the days till June when we go back to Cass

marine band... usually channel 10.

Good Luck!

Ken

I have one in my boat due to Tourny requirements... However if I need it I would most likely only use it for emergencies... Nice security blanket to have while on the water... Nowadays cell phones tend to be WAY easier to use...

Beef

Hey Rick,

How is the family doing? Will you be here at base camp again this year?

There was a large group of seasonal guys that would chat back and forth about ten years ago on marine band radios but the number of them has been cut back big time in the past seven years or so. A few times each summer when large groups stay on Cass you will notice a lot of chatter between their boats and that is about it now. Hope this helps answer your question.

Brian

Hi Brian, the family is doing great. We will be at Break on the Lake again this June. I will have my "Newer" boat ready by then. Thanks to all for the info about the radio. Rick