• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If any one happens by Rockies Resort on Star Lake, Tell Steve the guys from Illinois will see him the 3rd week of June again this year, and get the bacon & eggs ready! He's a Great Guy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Lunker. I am new to HSO I see you are also. I live just 4 miles from Rocky's (to the west}. It is a great place bullhead fry er' Fri nite. Steve is going to shut the doors on Oct 1;too bad. I am wondering where do you fish when you come here what do you fish for? Just curious. I don't seem to catch many fish myself but I can offer tips of where to go. /that's life though/. The ice should be off the west arm by mid week lets go get them crapps.THANKS

Sad that Ole Rockie's is closing. I still have a Brother an Sis that go there. I stay at the Galaxy now. Nice place!

We fish for just about everything. If I'm not fishin Star, I like to fish Round Lake just down the road from Rockies. Nice Crappie, and some Big Gills! The place is also good for Bass. I also like West Silent and Elbow. I never do much good on McDonald. Some do. Last year a guy caught a 3 and a half pound Crappie on Star! What a slab! I only wish for Walleye! I am not a good Walleye fisherman!

morelnmusky! , One more thing, I can use all the help I can get! My Dad loved that place and was about the best fisherman I know. He ain't here no more. But his Spirit is with me when I'm there! You are so lucky to live there. If you find some time, stop by the Galaxy Resort at cabin #8 the 3rd week of June. Would like to shoot the Bull and drink a beer with ya! I also will be out this week looking for some of them epicurean delights, called Morels!