• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What do YOU think of AJ Pierzynski?

HossFisher

Saw AJ's acting job pretending like he got hit by that ball to win the game. I think it was a smart move by AJ but the Umpire needs to be all over that with the game on the line. Personally, I dont like AJ and i think he is way to cocky. He's one of those guys you love when he's on your team, but you hate him when he's sitting on the other bench. All in all, he gives me one more reason to dislike the White Sox!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• Spinner1

• PierBridge

• Juneau4

In a wierd way i sort of respect how hardnosed he plays, but i still wouldn't consider myself a fan.

"He's an a$$, but does it really matter?"

As long as his teamates can tolerate him, no it doesn't matter. AJ could start on over half the MLB teams. I'm not a fan of the Sox at all, but most of their players seem like good guys to me. (I'd be surprised if he is popular on the team). Windy refers to AJ as Dennis the Menace. That seems appropriate.

He's a pro that gets paid dollars to win games anway he can. It's sports entertainment, I met him a couple of times and he is probably one of the most polite and humble persons you will ever meet.

Polite I can believe. Humble? I have a harder time with that one.

That said, if the rest of the locker room can take him, I would welcome him on my team anyday. Hardnosed and will do whatever it takes to win, even if he comes across as a sniveling, little brat.

Anyone else think he should get a chin implant?

I liked him as a Twin and like him as a player. I think he plays the game the way it was meant to be played. All out all the time. I agree he is one of those guys you love if he is on your team and hate him if he is on someones else's. But I think he gets some respect for his playing. I think he a better then average catcher.

From what I remember, he wasnt well liked in the locker room for the twins! I to have met him, my wife asked him for an autograph, he did so with a smile. I have known many other sports players that played here in mn that wouldnt even look at you, not to mention to stop and talk to you, and give an autograph.

Of course you guys know that I hated him as a Twink, same goes for Dennis Rodman as a Piston....Love them as a Pale Hoser and Wooly Bully! But I don't care if Bonds came to Chi-Town and hit 500 more taters, I would still hate his guts! Tool of a person, and chemically induced ball player.

Windy

Windy

Quote:

He's one of those guys you love when he's on your team, but you hate him when he's sitting on the other bench.

Not even close, AJ was pretty much run out of San Fran because many teamates and the entire Giants pitching staff couldn't stand him.

Settle down, just kidding sorta. Love AJ, Mauer will do just fine.

If he was worth anything I think the twins would of work with him

AJ is a good catcher but he is no Mauer.

AJ is half as good as he thinks he is.

AJ was the trade bait in the MLB's version of the Hershel Walker deal!!! The Twin's realized AJ's shortcomings, they had a stud in the minors waiting to replace him and they pulled off the greatest heist in baseball history!

Go Twins... Where is the light happy music (for you KQ fans) as the Twins are still in first place!

I thought for sure when he came up to bat in the 9th with 2 on and 2 out he would take nathan deep to win the game. Luckily he he grounded out to first and went 0-4 on the day!

Lets see...aj...mauer...aj...mauer...aj...mauer...

Yea, AJ pretty much blows. And as my wife said to me once, nobody really likes you, even your friends don't really like you that much.

I agree with the poster who said something like when he was here as part of the Polish Posse I liked & somewhat tolerated him but now that he is a White Sock - not so much .

Hey walleye guy I agree with you on the joe and the KQ retarts tom bernard is the biggest hippocrit to live in minnesota he is on the band wagon when the twins are winning but when they lose he falls off I wish he would fall of and hit his head hard to realise we all have bad games

At the TIME I thought drafting a catcher #1 in the draft and passing on stud pitcher Mark Prior was stupid, considering we had an All Star catcher on team (remember that? Posada caught the first 3 or 4 innings, and AJ caught until the 12th when game got called) Anyways, I now retract my original thoughts on the situation. Prior has spent more time on the DL than he has on the mound, Mauer is the best all around catcher of all-time (yes, all-time) and that trade that sent AJ to Frisco really was a steal. I have heard AJ is the most hated player in the Majors, there has to be some truth behind it, but I don't know him personally.

........Mauer is the best all around catcher of all-time (yes, all-time).........

Zamboni

I am confident he will be someday. But I watched another catcher play some pretty good ball. 17 seasons, 389HRs, 2 League MVPs, 10 Gold Gloves. 2 World Series rings, 12 All-Star games. Also had a 45 HR 148 RBI season and had a great arm. Third highest HOF selection percentage ever as well at 96%, so I’m not the only one that thought he was pretty good. I’m betting Geno saw him play once or twice.

Mauer is great, but it will take a few years to be considered to have had a superior CAREER.

Zamboni must be too young to have seen Bench (or Fisk or Jody Davis for that matter or even Tony Pena or Manny Sanguillen or.....Randy Hundley or even Todd Hundley). Potential is there for Mauer but fate is fickle too.

Catcher is such a tough position on the body. Bench was smart enough to know when it was time to play another position part time. Guess I need to research. I don't really know who played catcher for the longest time (at a high level). I think it was probably Carlton Fisk at 20+ seasons. Pudge has played a long time too, and has a career BA over .300.

Spinner,

I would have to agree with that one, Pudge is a stud. One of my most cherished sports memorabilia pieces is a photo of me interviewing Pudge at the old Comiskey park, my college roommate at the time was photographing the events and he took the photo of Pudge autographing my note pad which I have inserted into the photo in a frame.

Windy

By the time Mauer was a senior in high school he was a better hitter then all the Catchers mentioned above.

Defensively Pudge would be the only one better.

"By the time Mauer was a senior in high school he was a better hitter then all the Catchers mentioned above.

Defensively Pudge would be the only one better."

Spend a couple moments on a stats page and you'll quickly see your statement is not supportable with facts. Someday you will probably be right. For now, Mauer is not in the HOF if he retires today. Bench, Fisk Pudge, are (will be). And BTW, I own exactly one jersey and it says Mauer on the back. I love to watch him play. I'm merely objective. One great season, and a couple good ones do not equal ten or twenty quality seasons, with WS championships along the way.

Good One Juneau!

Remember what Yogi said about baseball....

It's 80% mental and 50% physical!

Windy