Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

ROOM FOR ONE - Sturgeon Excursion!

22 posts in this topic

I know there's a separate post going for this event, but I wanted to let people in here know that I have room for one more person in the cabin/boat for this event (had a guy back out). For more info on the event, you can check out the Get-togethers forum.

But, for specific details:

We're leaving from my home here in Gaylord between 7:30am - 8:00am on Thursday, April 19 and arrive at Schuster's Resort on Lake of the Woods that afternoon. Coming home on Sunday, April 22 - leaving the resort between 10:00am and noon. I have a cabin reserved for 4 people....2 bedrooms with 2 beds in each room. Cost is $20/person/night so 3 nights it's only $60! Of course, food and other items will be extra, but still not much. smirk.gif

Anyway, if interested, please respond to this post. It's only 2 weeks away and it'll be a great time fishing for prehistoric creatures and shootin' the breeze with LOTS of other FMers!

Whoever has time to go, you should. This is a great event and how can one beat a boat and car ride to some real fighting fish.

See you there Eric. smile.gif

Sounds like fun. Do they rent tackle up there for this?

Not sure, but we've got all the tackle and bait needed for the trip (special thanks to HL for helping out in this department!) smile.gif

No, they dont that I know of. If you do a search for catfish gear or go to the get together forum you may learn what is used. If you have any cat fishing gear or even some bass gear, that will work. You will also need some heavier sinkers and bigger hooks. Stronger line also. I would try to use ata minimumof 30# power pro. They can be caught on lighter gear but if you hook into a bigger fish its going to take awhile to land it and you may not.

If you go with basscatcher I will try to line up a few extra hooks and sinkers for you. Its a trip worth making.

We won't need too many extra hooks or sinkers from ya Tom. We've got a pretty good variety of no-rolls and hooks. The one thing I wasn't sure about was how many crawlers to get, so I ordered 20doz for 3-4 guys. Think that'll be enough? Overkill maybe? smirk.gif

That should work out fine. Last year I took 40 dozen(overkill) for three guys and brought home approx 1/2. We did have pretty good fishing also.

It might not hurt to bring along another 10 dozen. If it warms up and rains I can probably help you out with those crawlers.

You're helping us out great plenty Tom. If it rains and they come out, I'll pick an extra 5-10doz. They can be pretty thick out on the street. smile.gif

Let me see if I can get off of work and if I can line up a rod and reel that heavy. I think a guy at work would have something I could use he's a big cat fisherman. I'll let you know as soon as I can if noone has taken you up on it by then. Thanks

put me inline behing Pdogg and I will check into getting free too grin.gif

If I wasn't fishing eastern SD and Big Stone during that time frame, I'd be in.

Have a good time!

Big fish to be had Jamison. cool.gif

PDOGG - you don't have to worry about getting large equipment if that's an issue. We'll have rods and reels all set up and ready to go fo you.

Same goes for you bassmasher or anyone else. Equipment is already taken care of.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to pull you away from the 'eyes. wink.gif

Maybe next year we'll get ya to shift gears for a weekend. smile.gif

I don't know about shifting gears but one thing is for sure; We all should have new avatars in a few weeks. grin.gif

Otter

No sense of waiting for a few weeks. This baby will hopefully grow another foot long in 2 weeks. smile.gif

I love that picture. I can only imagine the excitement in that boat at that time, especially with Paul on board. However, I still expect an updated photo. grin.gif

10 days my friend, he's still growing. smile.gif

PDOGG and bassmasher:

I just got a response from a guy who said he'll go. So the position has been filled.

I would like to note though that a very good friend of mine is very likely going, but hasn't said 100% for sure yet. I'll be talking to him on Thursday. If he backs out for some reason, we'll need one more. Otherwise at this time we're full. I'll let you know what happens with my friend.

Thanks.

O.K. sounds good.

I know a guy living in the falls and I am going up but the Canada Mn. border waters for sturgenon dont open tell April 24-May 7 and July 1-Sept. 30 unless you are going for the catch and release only I have never been there for this but I bet its a blast good luck!

Hey folks! Just got word from my buddy that he cannot make it. I know this is short notice, but if anyone is still interested, let me know (PDOGG, bassmasher, anyone).

I've got this same message posted in another forum, so it'll be a "first-come first-serve" deal where whomever is first saying they'll go, they'll be the one who's in.

Thanks much.