Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

Ice-out Conditions - Again?

19 posts in this topic

With this cold weather snap, I'm wondering if area lakes are still open or if they've closed back up?

I need to get the boat out next week to test everything out.

Any info would be appreciated!

Everythings still wide open round here. The wind has kept them from refreezing.

Thanks bunt2k! Just got the boat back from storage today and need to run it before the Sturgeon Excursion in 2 weeks. Want to take it out either Mon, Tues or Weds, and just as well fish while I'm at it too. wink.gif

Thanks for the info.

Mille Lacs and North still has plenty of ice. Don't come this way. smirk.gif

Ml has ice but you may have a hard time getting to it.

Kinda hoping you're doing the "open water dance" up there....help us sturgeon guys out. grin.gif If you dance crazy enough, it should reach the border! tongue.gif

The North end of ML is accessible but I am sticking with some of the smaller lakes closer to "home".

Its nuts I'm in Ely and there is still 18" of ice.

Sorry to hear that. I've gotten a limit of crappies and sunnies from softwater already. It's been to cold for the boat, however.

Ur in ely?? I go to school up there....fall lake is opening up by the dam and the kawishiwi river is open and so is silver rapids. itll be a while for the rest though frown.gif

Late, late season ice fishing is just as fun. grin.gif

I was in the falls last weekend and thay had 30 inchs on rainy lake yet rainy river is open the big and little fork are iced up yet.

15 - 20" on Pokegama.

Water is still open on Washington, although darn cold! 37 - 40 degrees is all. Tested out the boat to make sure things ran and spent about 1hr fishing. Marked a few suspended schools at 12' and 20' in 30 - 35fow. Missed one fish. 1/2hr later when the sun was about to hit the trees I tried from 3' - 11' and nada. Not much for a report, but I really wasn't out to hardcore fish this time. smirk.gif

Its nice to hear you got out and tried the boat out, how was it? I have gone fishing a few times this year, but only from shore, and river fished. Im still waiting for the weather to warm a bit, or the fish to start biting!

Everything works good except the bilge pump. Fried 2 fuses so far. I'm going to try and take a look at it today to see if it's something I can get to work. If not, I'm off to a dealer.

Another bump in the weather today, but starting this weekend it should improve. *knock on wood* smirk.gif

Good to hear everything is in order, other than the bilge pump. You better get that fixed right away, especially riding around in that Alumacraft. grin.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'd be more concerned about my wake splashing over the sides of your boat! shocked.gifgrin.gif You better install a second pump just in case. tongue.gif These dual console boats are heavy and create quite a wake when they go by. tongue.gifgrin.gif

That's good. grin.gif