Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Whoopin' stick??

20 posts in this topic

Who has heard of this whoopin stick? I am thinking about getting it are use it whe I run rapalas -- which is never. crazy.gif

They are in the cabelas book next to the Ugly Stick.

Any thoughts????

I've heard of a whoopin stick....you don't want one of those...I had one once when I was a kid. grin.gif

I was wondering who was going to take that bait You were on the short list.

Happy Easter, "Beerhunter."

Yeah, I am still wondering about the whippin' stick or whatever it is -- anyone know anything?

I too, would like to know. And I'm talkin bout the one they advertise in Cabela's! Not that one we all got as Kids!

i had one. It was okay. I still have it. It held up well but wasnt anything speacial. And i thought it looked goofy being bright blue. But they are pretty cheap.

Am i better with an Ugly Stick?

I know that is what they hit Dead head with when he was born -- Just kidding, my Brother.

No -- would the Ugly Stick be a good option for running Raps??

I have a couple of them-- they're Ok for trolling cranks. I also use them for deadsticking northerns with a Baitrunner reel.

Last year one broke-- I called Cabelas and they looked to see that I had bought one 2 yrs before and then sent me a new one. They didn't even want to see the that the old one was really broken.

They're a little hefty, but less so than the fiberglass Ugly Stick I think.

Quote:

I know that is what they hit Dead head with when he was born -- Just kidding, my Brother.

ha ha everyone's a comedian...

what's the point in buying a new rod anyway, if you can't catch any walleyes over 10"?

I don't care who are, now that's funny right there laugh.giftongue.gif

I laughed out loud when I read Hit's post on Dead's plight with the ugly stick. Fun for the whole family is what I say laugh.gif. Whoopin stick, ugly stick, they both are heavy and have NO feel to them. Just spend $50 bucks and find a 7-8 ft rod for trolling, with a soft tip and moderate action. At least with graphite you can feel if the rap is weeded up or not running correct. Just make sure you don't get hit by the "ugly stick" while your back is turned tongue.gif.

Hey, I just realized I hit 1000 posts, it only took 5 years shocked.gif

Hits got you dominated!!!

I beg to differ, my Brother.

F-Dog --

I am glad you had a good laugh.

BTW -- did you get into a new office over by LM Fleet? Drove by the other day and thought I saw it.

Sure did, right on Hwy 59. If any of you drive by and see a maroon GMC with a topper parked out front, stop in and say hello. If you're heading to LM Fleet, you can always buy me a few lures if you'd like laugh.gif.

I will stop -- I'll ask for the F-Dog -- maybe they will throw me out. wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

If you're heading to LM Fleet, you can always buy me a few lures if you'd like

buy him a sense of humor too, he's just not that funny.... tongue.giflaugh.gif

As Easton would say; "YOU DON'T SAY THAT" tongue.gif

As long as you're visiting Mr Dog, we moved and I now work between L&M and Fisherdog. This way, if he's sneaking out and not reporting, I can rat on him (unless I get to go along!). And I like L&M's lures too if you're giving them away.

I'll have to come visit, have something to ask you as well.

a LOT of people come in to pick them up as river rods. At work I always joke around w/ our customers and tell the custemers you could beat someone to death with one, but dont do it, we dont want a lawsuit. I have a buddy whos got one and he uses it all the time. (Contact Us Please) near impossible to break. I have not ever seen one broken.

Much the same as an Ugly Stick in my experience. I don't use them when there are weeds, etc around (prefer graphite so I can easily tell when a lure is fouled), but I do have a couple 8.5-9'ers that I run as outside rods when I'm flatlining to keep them away from the boat a ways.