Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Luckyguy

Lake levels this spring.

Luckyguy    0
Luckyguy

Hi everyone,

From the posts I have read this winter, it seems the fishing has been only so - so. Glad you left a few in the water for me. I have been watching the news and trying to get a feel for how much moisture fell in the area since last fall. Lake Amelia was really low when we took the dock out, and I'm sure all the other lakes were low also. Do the lakes look much better this spring? I was kind of hoping this last rain and snow would really make a difference.

fisherking01    0
fisherking01

It all helps, and there are some lakes closing the gap to "normal", however, there are some that will take a lot more to get there. Pretty much depends on how big of a run off area each has. It's looking better though. Brent

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• seifjr
      Keep the reports coming Curt, much appreciated.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to get back up there until September 22-25th., so it going to be tough keeping my mind on work and not LOW.  Are you just moving around in the basin until you mark a school of fish, and then jigging them?  I see all of your waypoints on the screen you showed, so those must be spots that have held fish at one time.
    • guideman
      Hey everybody, I have my last two guide trips on the 22nd and 23rd of August. A bad back and old age have taken their toll and I will retire from a job I have loved to do for the last 27 years.  I still enjoy it but unfortunately my body just can't take the pounding anymore. I'll still be out there fishing but no longer on a daily basis. I will miss all the regular clients I have had over the years and all the new people I have met that I can call my friends. Thanks to all of you that have shared the boat with me over the years, I hope you all had a good time. "Ace"   "It's just fishing man"
    • guitpic
      Bought a couple of baitcaster reels..my first....Lew's BB1 speed spool and Daiwa Tatula CT R. After about two weeks of daily practice casting in the river behind our house....lots of backlashes(birds nests)...I gotta say, I've come to love casting with these reels....much more accurate than my spinning reels. Any other baitcasting fans out there?  If so, what do you use?      
    • rundrave
      dont worry moose we all need a little of aromatherapy to cure that up about this time of the year:
    • BigVwalters
      How's the bite been recently.   Coming up for the weekend and curious at what depths to start at. 
    • RuddyDuck
      On the lighter side, I am 'SpoonBillSlayer' on that other site. For whatever reason years ago when I joined these sites I used two different userids. Both odd duck names that fit an odd duck! I just wanted to get the new updates out on this mess, it just seems like the only people being notified of it are those in  lake assoc's.  We'll see what happens.   
    • Wanderer
      I've massaged the trigger finger this summer by shooting the sporting clays league at Rice Creek.  Good way to make sure I got out! Started a little rough as to be expected but got back the groove toward the end.  Finished the summer at a charity shoot with 39/40.  That felt good. 
    • mrpike1973
      Same here saw on another site I will be taking off work and letting them know my opinion.
    • Rick
      Through a federal grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources’ has awarded more than $450,000 in local grants to protect and enhance inland coastal resources. The annual grant program is managed by the Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program, which is a voluntary federal-state partnership distributing federal dollars to projects along the inland coast of Lake Superior. This year, grant funding is being awarded to nine projects in the coastal area: Researchers at the University of Minnesota will monitor and analyze measures designed to reduce erosion of bluffs adjacent to North Shore streams. Results will inform guidance on design criteria for future projects. $35,900. The Arrowhead Regional Development Commission will conduct an economic impact assessment of paved trails within the coastal area; determine the number of users of four popular trails (Duluth Lakewalk, Willard Munger State Trail, Gitchi-Gami State Trail, and St. Louis River Trail), and simultaneously conduct large-scale survey of trail-user habits and impacts on coastal economy. $11,500. Laurentian Resource Conservation and Development is planning to host a two-day conference for academia and coastal managers to bridge a gap between research results and practices of watershed assessment, protection and stream restoration. $23,000. Researchers at the University of Minnesota will increase scientific understanding of success rates of coastal forest seeds. Results will inform coastal managers for improved adaptive management and help determination whether coastal trees should be protected and treated as a unique seed collection zone. $98,875. Duluth Children’s Museum in collaboration with Positive Energy Outdoors will create a year round, innovative outdoor science, technology, engineering, and math active learning experience for children, particularly those in low-income households with limited access. $33,100. University of Minnesota Duluth – Natural Resources Research Institute and several partners will develop protocols for assessing the biomass of periphyton (algae attached to rocks) in Duluth area trout streams for use by professional aquatic and citizen scientists. $77,440. City of Duluth will improve public safety and access to the St. Louis River estuary through upgraded wayfinding signage and amenities on the Western Waterfront Trail.  $89,080. Lake County will develop engineering designs and construct trailhead for Lake County Mountain Bike Trail System, a planned 100-plus mile mountain bike trail system. connecting both beginner and advanced cyclists to nature and physical activity in the coastal area. $70,000. City of Carlton will replace an outdoor restroom facility at the Willard Munger trailhead in city of Carlton. The updated structure will meet current sewer requirements and meet compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act. $11,225. For 18 years, the DNR and NOAA have worked together to better Minnesota’s inland coast. Together, the agencies have granted $12.6 million in pass-through funding to more than 550 local projects and provided thousands of hours of technical assistance. Projects are selected for funding through an annual competitive grants process. For more information about Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program, visit www.mndnr.gov/mlscp. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • delcecchi
      Second the guide.  Fishing a lake in the north is totally different from fishing Mississippi or lake Zumbro or other lakes in the southern half of the state.  Otherwise you should look at the best place to launch your boat to be close to good fishing.  Rainy is a very big lake.. Ask in http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/forum/98-rainy-lake-fishing-reports-hunting-events/ the rainy lake forum.