Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

Morel mushroom hunting

15 posts in this topic

Is anyone getting excited for Morel season? I am definately looking forward to finding a few. It could be a few weeks yet with this cold weather. I haven't done a whole lot of morel hunting in the Rocehster area so I am not real sure where to go. I hear that Whitewater is good but very busy. Two sets of eyes are always better than one...so if anyone wants to go let me know. Feel free to email me at larson_nate@hotmail.com

I would like to start looking in a couple of weeks. The peak time is usually the first two weeks of May but you can definately find them in April if the weather is right.

Nate, I'd be game to hunt with ya. I got a spot down at Krueger park near Kellogg. Maybe we could do an early morning backwater dike road trip and hit Krueger on the way back?

Dan,

I would definately be up for that! Email me when you have a chance and we can try to get a day figured out.

Nate

Count me in on a hunt!

Ahhhh lets keep the talk to fishing ok guys!!!!!!!! tongue.giftongue.gif

Good luck fellas hope it thaws out soon

ike

I have always heard morels have the ability to become invisible at will, revealing themselves only to those they deem worthy!! Now who else thinks this is true grin.gif

You need to learn how to look for them and then they will reveal themselves. smile.gif

Quote:

You need to learn how to look for them

Any suggestions?

Dan

Are you asking where to look or how to go about it? Once you answer I will e-mail you as the answer could be rather long for the forums.

I recommend doing a search with your favorite engine online. There is really a lot out there.

Jim W

I'm in Nate! I love hunting morels. I've got a couple of spots we could check out.

Nate already has good spots...its me that needs a good spot!! frown.gif haha smile.gif

Nick! I would love to do some morel hunting with you. We should give it a try late April or the begining of May. Email me or call me sometime when you have a chance.

Nate

larson_nate@hotmail.com

mad.gif

Dan

If you look in the hunting forum I have a post in regards to picking morels that may help you.