Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Wettschreck

FM SW MN get together

22 posts in this topic

Fellas, I'm thinkin aboot putting an FM get together, together this summer. Very informal, no tournament or that type of jazz. Just us FM'ers getting together for a day of fishing, telling lies, sharing tips, and throwing some brats on the grill.

I'd like to have a place with 1- decent fishing, 2- a nice boat ramp, 3- some type of park/picnic area for grillin, hangin out, etc, 4- possibly camping if guys want to.

My thoughts are Lake Sarah county park, Lake Shetek state park, Lake Talcot county park, or Lime Lake county park.

Hit me with some input, thoughts, suggestions on where YOUS GUYS would like to do this.

I cannot help with the area to go but, I will help out in any way I can and hopefully make this event. These get togethers are alot of fun and one can meet many new people from FM and learn much also.

Dude, we'll let you run the grill!! grin.gif

i dont live in the sw part of the state any longer but can i still come since i was raised sw of montevideo? grin.gif

You betcha. However, since you're not a local we may make you do the "Fishie dance." grin.gif

Boiler, willing to help if you want. I live on West Graham all summer in Maka Ouici in my camper and there are usually plenty of open spots for camping with a nice playground, pavillion for grilling and picinc and you have many options for fishing with Talcot 5 miles, right on West Graham, and East Graham just 1 mile down the road. The landing at talcot is a little issue but I am working on getting some funding to have the ramp cleaned out for better assessability from our local fishing club. Any help you need shoot me a message.

Sounds like fun! i'm in. I can help with the food. Location doesn't matter to me.

sounds good to me sarah would be good in june

sounds like a great idea!!! id definitely be in as long its on a saturday and i dont have a racecar to work on saturday.

Mark your calanders fellas, Saturday June 9.

I have no idea where or other plans quite yet. The Mrs and I are going to do a little driving around and scouting stuff out this upcoming weekend.

Muc, I didn't even think of West Grahm. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Any other input from you fellas is surely welcome.

Sounds good. I'll keep that date in mind. tuk

YIKES, I will be sailing the lovely waters of Lac Suel that week, leaving the 2nd and coming back home the 10th. Guess I will have to scratch another gettogether. I always get bungled up on the get together dates. Well still let me know if you need any help with anything.

CC

Change the dates of your Lac Suel trip. grin.gif

Hey Muc, where you staying at Lac Seul? I love it up there.

Houseboat we have a group of 6 and another group of 10 from the Worthington area at the same time. We get a 65 footer, they get the 75. Great time! So many walleye's and smallies you almost get sick of catching so many... ok I said ALMOST!

I am mad that I will miss a get together in my back yard. It sounds like a great time. And you will all miss my famous fresh picked West Graham grilled asparagas tips. But I will surely think of all my FM companions while my rod tip bends 100 times a day at Lac Suel!!!!

Don't worry. We'll leave you a little something. Maybe a carp or 3 by your camper. You know, as a friendly reminder that you should have changed the date of your trip. grin.gif

sounds like a good idea. how about some bullheads everybody loves those dont they? do you still have that 5th wheel?

Sarah will probably be the best bite around that time of year. Lots of boat traffic though.

My wife would love the bullheads, please clean them. she will be there. That would save me from having to buy a present while I am in Canada!!!!! Hey Boiler, I saw the extended extended extended forcast and the weather looks really bad that weekend, you better move it to the weekend after........ guilt sometimes works on my kids yet. So I try.

Guilt doesn't work on me, just ask the Mrs. grin.gif Besides, when's the last time the weatherman got it right???

Dude, your wifes not going to be at the camper, she's gonna be on the lake with us!!!!! grin.gif

That's even better, If she can get her limit here that's more than I can bring back from canada.... bonus. Make leg room in your boat, she's 6'1".

Plenty of room!!!!