Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lyonch34

Starbuck Marina Crappies

12 posts in this topic

I was curious if the Crappies in the starbcuk marina would be there yet or do they typically wait until later in the year when the water warms up a bot more. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ice-out the previous two years was April 10. With the early ice-out of April 1 this year and the really cold weather the past week, I'd say we're two weeks away yet from seeing good crappie action. The weather and temperatures will really dictate when they move into the shallow bays, etc. Right now it's too cold to even fish.

Corey, have they removed the road barriers from the parking lots at the Starbuck marina yet?

The concrete barriers have been taken down on the north side leading into the trailer park, but are still up on the south side leading to the public access.

still iced over huh?? maybe have to get the chisel out yet!! lol

Marina was pretty much open yesterday, by Sat. we should start to see some fish moving in.

Thanx 4 the upate Agape!! Guess I'll try that area on Sunday

heard a few little ones moved in and seen some minnows around some of the docks yesterday

marina is LOADED with crappie and shiner minnows but I saw very few fish caught.. maybe 4 at tops... a ton of people fishing though!!

Any recent updates on panfish bite?

I drove through the marina parking lot yesterday to check it out. It was a zoo! Probably at least 50 people fishing. Basically a person on every dock. I didn't see many fish being caught. Some small crappies and sunnies and a few big carp.

I was part of the zoo..lol Lotta people lotta small sunnies.. occasionally a keeper.. think i was there about 3 hrs and caught 8 keeper sunnies. 2 small crappies and got bit off.. saw alot of big bullheads bein caught too.. I'd say give it til the end of this week to really pick up.. Im goin back on friday to avoid the zoo.. lol