Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lyonch34

Starbuck Marina Crappies

lyonch34

I was curious if the Crappies in the starbcuk marina would be there yet or do they typically wait until later in the year when the water warms up a bot more. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Corey Bohn

Ice-out the previous two years was April 10. With the early ice-out of April 1 this year and the really cold weather the past week, I'd say we're two weeks away yet from seeing good crappie action. The weather and temperatures will really dictate when they move into the shallow bays, etc. Right now it's too cold to even fish.

Wayne Ek

Corey, have they removed the road barriers from the parking lots at the Starbuck marina yet?

Corey Bohn

The concrete barriers have been taken down on the north side leading into the trailer park, but are still up on the south side leading to the public access.

basssmasher*

still iced over huh?? maybe have to get the chisel out yet!! lol

Wayne Ek

Marina was pretty much open yesterday, by Sat. we should start to see some fish moving in.

basssmasher*

Thanx 4 the upate Agape!! Guess I'll try that area on Sunday

EYEHUNTER10

heard a few little ones moved in and seen some minnows around some of the docks yesterday

basssmasher*

marina is LOADED with crappie and shiner minnows but I saw very few fish caught.. maybe 4 at tops... a ton of people fishing though!!

Dr. Walleye

Any recent updates on panfish bite?

nate larson

I drove through the marina parking lot yesterday to check it out. It was a zoo! Probably at least 50 people fishing. Basically a person on every dock. I didn't see many fish being caught. Some small crappies and sunnies and a few big carp.

basssmasher*

I was part of the zoo..lol Lotta people lotta small sunnies.. occasionally a keeper.. think i was there about 3 hrs and caught 8 keeper sunnies. 2 small crappies and got bit off.. saw alot of big bullheads bein caught too.. I'd say give it til the end of this week to really pick up.. Im goin back on friday to avoid the zoo.. lol