Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PRFISHER

chances?

8 posts in this topic

What are the chances a guy could get out this weekend?

The ice isn't safe but I may have to try and get out.

I don't think I would risk it myself. With the cooler temps existing holes that were acting as drain holes froze over and are snow covered. In my opinion that would be a one way trip to the bottom of the lake for me with my luck. I think I would try an open river area or inlet if I really had to fish or wait a couple of weeks at the most and go out on open water.

Just my thoughts.

Not for me. Brittle ice with a snow load spooks me. My wife is about to send me out anyway as antsy as I am to get the boat out.

I fear late season ice far more that early season.

Driving back and forth to the cities, the ice/no ice line is not that far south of Alexandria.

It sure is tempting with the real cold nights...what, 6 degrees this morning? shocked.gif

I agree with Pleasant....snow cover and not knowing what the ice looks like, not for me. The snow likely insulated what ice is left too.

I'm going to drive around and take a look at the lakes a little closer tomorrow, I still might try it sat.

Gissert- I took 80 tullibees over to a friend to have them smoked, if I see your truck parked down town I will drop a couple off...

PR -

I'd like that, thanks. If you really would like to donate a couple, leave them with the preschool teacher on Tuesday. I will pick them up when I drop off my daughter.

PRFISCHER,

You better go a little farther North, closer to Detroit Lakes, they are much safer or i should say better ice.

I was coming up this weekend to fish nesr the Detroit Lakes area, but with Easter and all, i decieded to wait untill next weekend, besides the snow will be gone and teh bad weather will have moved out, the fishing will be lousy this weekend anyways, bring hip waders if yiu go next week.

after a few days of cold, u might be able to get out on a lake that doesn't get hit by the wind much.. but you'll still prolly need a 50+ foot dock section to get out there.. But you wouldn't catch me out on the ice...be safe if ya head out..

TB