Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meatplow

Bring ADVIL!

6 posts in this topic

Me and Muddy were out yesterday and the weather was cold but the fishing was red hot. Put in at Birthdale around 10am and by 10:15 we were tangled up with a PIG. After a good ten minutes of wrestling we got'em in the net. The first female of the day 28.5 incher. Not bad for Berkley Gulp! Muddy said I have to try it. So I did, and boy am I glad. Next fish around 10:45 another fat lady. This one came in a tad over 27 inches. To make long story short we ended up whit our eaters and 3 over 26. Just another day of wrist wrenching walleye action on the Rainy River.

Keep your line tight and the Gulp in your pocket.

what was the water clarity like 4-6 inches or more?? im very jeulous of your results.

It wasnt bad at all. I would say 6-8in. I just hope it holds on.

Meatplow, Do you think Gary Yamamoto worms will work or should I stick to the Gulp? Also, should I bring my Baron so all my leech friends can fish with me or should I bring the duck boat and my dog? Ramp conditions???

I'm not meatplow obviously, but I was up there on Sunday and you could launch a large boat once they moved the ice out in the mornings. Its up to you, either boat would work, there are more rocks and hazards to hit this year with the low water possibly, and I bet your dog is a better buddy than the leech guys anyway...

Which Gulp shape, color, and what rigging were you using?