Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPTRIX

Sucker Fishing

6 posts in this topic

Any pointers on where to look for suckers in this area?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Suckers are good in all rivers around here. The St Fransis, The Elk River and Mississippi. Crow and Rum are good as well. I realy never tried in area lakes for suckers. Have tried for carp in Little Elk, Mitchell, Big lake and Briggs.

You could give Buffalo a try. Might hold some because of the river running through it. I hope it helps.

For suckers, look for smaller streams that are a little cleaner. I fished suckers in the creek between Prior lake and Spring had a great time, most the fish weight over 6lbs.

only used jigs with plastics.

A little early yet, but in a couple more weeks they should be stacking up like cord wood in the rivers. Any deeper holes or around bends seem to really get hot around the end of April, first of May.

good luck

VfOyZ2xlp0IAVIyAttlKYiM2e3eGdgVt0300.jpg

Well we finally got into them today. It took three trips this week, but me and my boys found them. This evening we got 5 suckers and this carp in about 1 1/2 hours on the Rum River. We had been on the Old Mississippi twice this week and had not found them. We had fun though. Will be back down on Saturday and possibly Sunday. My boys are troupers and brave the cold with me. The Mississippi was not happening, but the Rum was a blast. The kids in the back ground were fishing for suckers and caught some walleye's and cats to. Between the group of them they caught over 15 fish in a couple of hours. Good luck and will post more in a day or two.

SHACKBASH