Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SPTRIX

Sucker Fishing

SPTRIX

Any pointers on where to look for suckers in this area?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Shack

Suckers are good in all rivers around here. The St Fransis, The Elk River and Mississippi. Crow and Rum are good as well. I realy never tried in area lakes for suckers. Have tried for carp in Little Elk, Mitchell, Big lake and Briggs.

Kyle Sandberg

You could give Buffalo a try. Might hold some because of the river running through it. I hope it helps.

jigginjim

For suckers, look for smaller streams that are a little cleaner. I fished suckers in the creek between Prior lake and Spring had a great time, most the fish weight over 6lbs.

only used jigs with plastics.

FRESHWATER PETIE

A little early yet, but in a couple more weeks they should be stacking up like cord wood in the rivers. Any deeper holes or around bends seem to really get hot around the end of April, first of May.

good luck

Shack

VfOyZ2xlp0IAVIyAttlKYiM2e3eGdgVt0300.jpg

Well we finally got into them today. It took three trips this week, but me and my boys found them. This evening we got 5 suckers and this carp in about 1 1/2 hours on the Rum River. We had been on the Old Mississippi twice this week and had not found them. We had fun though. Will be back down on Saturday and possibly Sunday. My boys are troupers and brave the cold with me. The Mississippi was not happening, but the Rum was a blast. The kids in the back ground were fishing for suckers and caught some walleye's and cats to. Between the group of them they caught over 15 fish in a couple of hours. Good luck and will post more in a day or two.

SHACKBASH