• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys,

Wasn't it spring a few days ago?? As I look out my window onto the lake it's hard to believe that it was 78 degrees up here last week. The white landscape out my window could just as well be the middle of January. From the looks of it we got in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 inches of new snow in the last couple days. Much less than Duluth did I guess but man, it sure is depressing. I posted a few days ago that if the weather didn't change we would have open water in Pike bay by Easter. I'd like to at this time revise my ice out forecast for Pike bay, please don't hold your breath, you may turn blue. smile.gif

I would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all of you that have welcomed me back to the forum. I must say I missed all of you that have been regulars here for a long time. I still live on Lake Vermilion, I still give my personal opinions on most subjects, even if you don't want to hear them and I'm still the best looking guide

on Lake Vermilion. smile.gifsmile.gif

One thing as changed however, I bought me a new boat last fall. I picked up a 1900 Lund ProV with dual counsels and a 200hp Merc. It's much larger than the Crestliner and it flies across the water at about 60mph. After fishing with Muskie Tom in his "Big" Lund, I just had to have one. With all the extra room, my days of crouching down behind the counsel, to avoid being hit up side the head by large, multi treble hook Muskie baits, should be over. At least I hope so.... smile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Ya down here in Duluth/Superior we got about a foot of heavy white stuff. confused.gif

Come on I just put the auger and snow blower away last week. Oh well time to get out the snow blower at least. If I have to pull the auger out Im moving to Arizona. grin.gif

Hey guideman are you fishing the big walleye contest on Vermillion? Im debating it myself but need a partner who has a clue on that lake. Im clueless up there. frown.gif

Hey Northlander,

I am considering it, I would guess you're talking about the "Auto Class Walleye Classic" on the 19th of May? I have already ask my old tournament partner if he would be interested, however he hasn't let me know yet.

Do you have the information for it yet? I need a number to call to get the sign up information and how much it cost. I hear they will pay 10 grand even if they don't fill up the 100 boat field.

"Ace" cool.gif

Somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature it is April not January tongue.gif

Bummer on the date. Im doing the Grand Slam Tourney on the St.Louis River that same weekend. frown.gif

Looks like there is a chance we could get up to another 6 inches of new snow by Wednesday...What a Bummer man. I may have to move to Florida and start guiding down there....

"Ace" cool.gif

I hate snow and below zero in April. Wonder if this will make Pike Bay off limits on opener? I would think so.

A closing of Pike Bay for the first week may certainly be an option this year! frown.gif

Cliff

Hey Jim,

You have to believe this is going to set back the walleye egg collection on the Pike river. The ice is still covering most of the river below the dam and mid 30's ain't going to melt much ice. Darn, I have a great oening day spot in Pike bay, limit out every season for the last 14 years. Now I'll have to follow Cliff around on opening day! smile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif