Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Launch Of The Year!!!!!!

1 post in this topic

Does anyone know the poor mans bidge pump? Or the I forgot the plug and your in 1' 1/2 of water, get ya out of trouble so you do not ruin the day trick? Well I'll tell ya! You get the boat to full throttle, or the fastest your boat will go full of water. This is key, so pay attention. Slowly carefully take and pull the drain plug out. As strange as it might be, the same thing that got you into this mess (in that case do not even put plug back in, get her to full throttle right away) can get you out of it. I my self have fallen victum to the rush at the launch. You want to get out fishing badly or impress your buddies on how cool of a set you have. Most times first trip of year. During the launch time, you forget the one little most important thing of fishing from a boat, "the plug". This little tip is from me to you. I hope it will help. For all of you that had know of this trick, you know what I mean.

At least your boats floor and carpet are clean after this. After finding out 1/4 to 1/2 mile from launch that you forgot to put plug in and saving a badly sinking boat before your fishing buddies eyes. 9 times out of 10, the first things out of there mouths after this drama is "at least your carpet is clean"