Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ortonville

how much snow

ortonville

how much snow did eveyone get? i would say about 6 and a 1/2 to 7 inches here in ortonville

heiman507

Just a dusting in Marshall

LOTWSvirgin

nothing in windom

Eric Wettschreck

Tiny little dusting in Avoca.

HOWEVER, this weather is a total drag. I really want to get my boat in the water and hit the early season crappies on Shetek and bloody. Huge whitecaps and brrrr cold arn't my idea of fun on the lake.

harvey lee

I know what you mean Eric. I have been trying to get on the Minnesota and Mississippi for some eye and channel cat action and its to cold to enjoy it. I would assume the cold weather has dropped the water temps and the eye fishing has slowed. frown.gif

I have also been thinking of Washington for some slab crappies but the weather isnt helping there either.

The next run might be the Sturgeon event if the cold and ice leaves that area.

At least we have no snow in Arlington. smile.gif

Eric Wettschreck

Dude, there is ice on the lake again!!! shocked.gif

Local rumor is crappies on the Shetek inlet and the main point on Bloody, and my boat is sitting in the driveway cuz, Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

reddog

Not only on the lakes, around them also..... IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_66463.JPG

IMG_6651.JPG

MN Shutterbug

Reddog, those are some cool photos. Thanks for posting. BTW, what lake were these taken at?

LOTWSvirgin

I agree those are some awesome pictures

ricbak

Nice pix reddog, oh that looks so cold for a spring time shot of the lake. Lets hope this cold snap breaks and get back to some spring like temps soon.

harvey lee

Little eye chop. Eric, you should be out there and giving reports. wink.gifgrin.gif

reddog

Quote:

Reddog, those are some cool photos. Thanks for posting. BTW, what lake were these taken at?

Thanks for the compliments, It was pretty amazing.

South East corner of Big Spirit Lake, right across from the hatchery.

123fish

With these northwest winds you couldn't have found a better spot to get some ice shots. Great pics.

Eric Wettschreck

HL, I'd love to be out there but my boat isn't an icebreaker!!!

ortonville

sounds like we are going to get it again 3 to 6

Eric Wettschreck

My neighbor and I are fishing the Border water challenge on Big Stone the end of the month. I hope mother nature gets it all out of her system now so it's at least half way decent.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Try cross-country skiing, fat biking and more
      Winter may have gotten off to an especially cold start in 2018, but there are plenty of ways to enjoy what’s left of it. For an introduction to snow sports, stop by the annual Winter Trails Day extravaganza at Fort Snelling State Park on Saturday, Jan. 20, between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Adults and kids can try cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, fat biking, ice fishing, quinzee (snow shelter) building and archery. Other activities will include ice harvesting, storytelling and an ice globe demonstration. Guided nature hikes will also take place every half hour, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Between activities, visitors can enjoy hot cocoa around a crackling bonfire. Activities will be set up near the beach area. “Winter Trails Day is about helping people warm up to winter,” said Kelli Bruns, park manager at Fort Snelling State Park. “The cold weather months are more fun when you find an activity you can enjoy alone or with others.” This year, for the first time, sign-language interpreters will be on hand to help make the day’s activities more accessible to those with hearing disabilities. Stop by the registration tent for more information. Winter Trails Day is made possible through the collaborative efforts of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the National Park Service, retail co-op REI, the U.S. Forest Service and Mississippi Park Connection. Use of skis, snowshoes, fat bikes and other equipment will be free, but a vehicle permit is required to enter Minnesota state parks and recreation areas ($7 for a one-day permit or $35 for a year-round permit). Save time, get vehicle permit in advance
      Although permits are available at the park, people attending Winter Trails Day can avoid waiting in line by getting their permit in advance. Visit www.mndnr.gov/reservations, log in (or create an account), click on “entry permit,” select a duration of “one-day” ($7) or “year-round” ($35), and continue as directed. You’ll receive an email with a permit that can be printed and displayed in your vehicle during your visit. For more information, call the park at 612-725-2724 or visit the Fort Snelling State Park Web page at www.mndnr.gov. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Parmer
      Call the bait shop in Perham... They will be more than helpful... One of the best lakes I have ice fished besides LOW
    • Mike89
      good luck and welcome!!!
    • Jesse D
      I live in Fridley Minnesota. I'm looking for a decent Lake to take my five-year-old fishing on tomorrow. Any recommendations would be great. Thank you
    • mrpike1973
      Hawg did K Drill change the K Drill Pitch?
    • Rather_B_Fishing
      Are folks driving trucks out on Blue and/or Green yet? How thick is the ice now? Thanks.
    • Rather_B_Fishing
      How thick is the ice on Blue now? Are people driving trucks out now? Same questions for Green lake.
    • Hawg
      I’m not sure what all augers the clam extension fits. I know it fits ion because that’s what I use.. These things go right inside your drill and are adjustable from approximately 6 inches up to probably 14 to 16 inches, they work great. Take a look at them next time you see them in the store to see if they fit your auger. Mine stays on it all the time.
    • blackswanadventures
      I am also going to get a insulated lunch bag for the Ion x that should be coming today thanks for the tip! i was thinking that was the ticket anyways, its good to see others on the same page
    • blackswanadventures
      How about giving advice instead of telling others just to stay off? lets be more encouraging 
  • Share & Have Fun