• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for ideas for a good family campground in the Alex area. Someplace we can bring the kids for a nice weekend. Looking for a beach and maybe some fishing. Thanks everyone.

Carlos State Park is a good bet. Nice swimming beach and pretty decent fishing on Carlos.

Chippewa park north of Brandon. County Park, 1st come 1st served, pay on the honor system, in betwen Little Chip & Devils lake, good beaches for the kids.

that is a nice park stayed there a few years ago i remember back in the 70s and 80s when that place would be packed full of people partying and camping and farmers cattle would be grazing around and among the campers. my uncle used to own a cabin northeast corner of devils.

Probably saw you there, it's well kept and Hillard's cattle are not there, neither is he. Cattle over the hill, and park is well maintained. Awesome peice of property that he turned over for all to enjoy. Brent

more than likely were there alot in the summer months my uncle sold the cabin in 87 to the owners of the bluegill inn i stopped by the cabin in 98 and said hi to the mrs asked how they liked the cabin they done alot of remodeling on it looked nice have you golfed on that course down the road? I would like to get up there and fish devils again been alot of years.

No golf for me. Too many hobbies as it is. Summers are very busy, and all I find time for is getting on the water and mowing 3 acres around 100+ trees! Planning on quitting the majority of the mowing, as it seems to be a waste of time. The golf course keeps busy, I drive by a lot on weekends. Great camping on little chip and devils, come on up!!

ill let you know when ill be up that way i dont have a boatso id be fishing from shore somewhere. Do you by chance know 2 guys from brandon ryan and his brother cant remember his name but his nickname was tubby when he was younger their dad used to be banker in brandon anyway i went to kindergarden with ryan havent seen them in 25 years or more.

Henrichs, I don't know where Ryan is. Darrin (Tubby) is in Evansville. Darrin was involved in an accident and is not walking. He's still himself, still a happy guy!!

Let me know when you'll be up, I might know of some hotspots!

yep thats the name i was looking for thanks i think i remember hearing about darrins accident his uncle willy is paralyzed from a freak accident when a grain auger came unhooked i used to play softball with willy very nice guy .