• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mount trolling motor on a Tri-Hull

Markley

Question

I was wondering what my options are of mounting a bowmount trolling motor on my tri-hull boat. Due to the front being more straight it really is hard to have it out of the way. It says that it should mount in the center of the boat, but that would block people from able to sit in the front because the motor would be sitting straight back. So my question is, is there anyway to get some sort of a swivel mount to rotate it 90 degrees when not in use?

1 answer to this question

With the motor in the stowed position, angle the shaft along the edge of the boat or the inside of the boat to get it in the best position. Position the lower unit part whereever you need to for the shaft to be out of the way when stowed. They can be mounted off-center from the front of the boat, most of them are off a little. If you're still not sure, go to a big boat dealer and look at a lot of used boats that are rigged, you'll get the idea. Good luck.