• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team Turkey Takers.... (Team#6)

fishnhooks

Good Job! I'm not having very good luck. The only birds I had in were small jakes. I passed on them because it was 6:30 of the first day. Most of the toms are roosting with 5-10 hens and they don't want to leave a forsure thing. Hope the the rain holds off. Maybe Friday will be my day!

CW

huntmup!! Congrats man! I start next week and can only hope for the best.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

Takers, we are on the board.
smile.gif
It's not much but it's a bird. 22.5 lbs., S-.75 in. and B-10.750 in. Will post pics and info when I get home.

huntmup

Nothing wrong with that bird!!!!

Way to go huntmup! grin.gif

The Toms around here are henned up, with several females. Should be interesting this weekend..

Very henned up this morning. I had 5 jakes come in very stealthy, no doubt trying to avoid the beat down they would get form the big boy if he heard them near my decoy.

I put 2 to bed tonight so we'll see how tomorrow morning goes.

SUCCESS!!! PIcs and story to follow. Going to register and get the scoring done.

YES!! Way to go!.

We will watch for the pics and story.

"hooks"

I will stop by on the way home from work with the turkey fryer!!! Awesome! can't wait to hear about it!

Swing on by!! Its still in the fridge cause theres no room to clean him yet. You can call my cell if you're still around.

I posted my story as "public land strutter) and my contest info is in the submission forum. Go team!!

Chuck, your up next. Air out that big old redhead with a heavy load of lead grin.gifgrin.gif

Good Luck

huntmup

That is a great bird, way to put the smack down on a well earned bird!

Good Job Powerstroke, Nice Bird! laugh.gif

Good Luck ChuckN! smile.gif

Hope it works out well for ya!

"hooks"

Thanks everyone. Good luck ChuckN!! Let'm have it. They seem kinda henned up still, but I found a few nests that are getting full so guys with the C,D,E seasons are looking pretty good with the later spring. Looks like you're gonna have amazing weather too. Bring the bug spray.

ChuckN,

Hope you were succesful! What's the good word? laugh.gif

"hooks"

The good word is I had a wonderful 5 days of hunting! However, I can't help the team score a bird. frown.gif

Today started with a positive note of finally hearing birds gobble after 3 days of silence to no bird in sight.

I'll post the outcome of the hunt.

I know what you mean. I can't wait to get out there. grin.gifIt was pretty nice weather and that makes it even more fun. I think it even fun seeing the other critters that don't know that your out there.( or maybe they don't care your out there) tongue.gif

"hooks"

Thanks Much,

Its going to be a long day at work today! crazy.gif

I can hardly wait to get out there. I know that I will enjoy being out there, but I am hoping to get this job taken care before Saturday confused.gif

"hooks"

Sorry Team frown.gif I had hens stop by and say "Hi" and got a few pics. I had Gobblers teasing me and couldn't get them buggers to come over to play. I had nice weather and it was fun to see the hens, deer, ducks and geese. I learned a little more and have some more thoughts for next year, so I guess I can't complain. Since I saw just about everything but the Toms, next year I will pretend I am hunting everything but the Toms and see what happens grin.gif

"Hooks"

Hooks, at least you got out and enjoyed the woods and wildlife. If you were able to put something in your back pocket for next year, well, that's what it's all about. smile.gif

No need to apologize hooks. Sounds like you had a good hunt, and that's all that counts. Those Toms were hard on me too...

The day after my hunt, and a couple days after that, 2 Toms with their hens made their appearances where I hunted. They would sit in the middle of the road, act fearless...just to tease me I guess. crazy.gif