Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoggleEye

Any descent walleye spawns going on??

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, I was just wondering if there are any world class walleye spawns going on in the BWCA or Internationall Falls areas?? I just got back from Depere, WI on the fox river and I want to hit one more walleye spawn where there is a good chance on landing into a trophy. I want to try something different other than the fox river or the menominee river like I do every year. Those two rivers are getting old and it is a long drive across the entire state. Thanks for any help with my walleye sickness!

GoggleEye

Most walleye fishing up in NE Minn is closed now until the May opener. Around Baudette, the Rainy River season stays open longer, however, and the RR starts putting out big pigs as soon as the ice goes off, right about now. You should check the Rainy River board here on FM for current info.

Rainy River is really about the only show right now. Make sure you read the Rainy River forum so you dont drive all that way to find mudd and no bite.

It might be worth your time to check out the Missippi right now by Red Wing. I've never fished it but the big girls usually spawn below the dams, wing dams about now. Sorry it's not Northern MN, but it's fairly close to where you're at.

I wish I could make it up to the Rainy for the first time, but I hear it closes on the 14th. Not gonna work for me this year. Nolte, I hear ya on the missi, I have been down there before and it is a descent bite, I was just looking for new spots to try before the spawn is over. I think I am stuck with the missi for the rest of the year! I just hate that murky water though.