Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishgetter

Shields lake

7 posts in this topic

I have a cabin on Shields but before I go up I was wondering if it is worth going yet? Wondering if anybody knew if the fish where biting? And what condition is the lake in? Last year it was way low because the (Contact Us Please) broke in the back S.W. corner Still some big big bass to be caught out there.

The water temp is around 44 degrees, and after this cold spell, it will get a bit cooler. Water level is about average. Watch your prop if you put your boat in on the north landing.

There are a few nice rocks that like to jump up and bite your lower unit.

Where are the rocks? Right by the landing? I have never had a problem before, but I may have been lucky. Although, I haven't been out there when the water was really low.

there are a few rock humps as well

I recked my skeeter on its maiden voyage on one get a lake map hopefully the water will come up a little

I nicked up my prop last fall right off the boat landing just backing up from the DNR dock.

The fish were up shallow, but with the cold snap we came apon they have slipped alittle deeper were the temp doesn't move around so much. The fish are always there, but if it was me I would wait for two stable days in a row them hit them hard for a week or two.

you have to be carefull at shields and some of the other lakes by the docks! there is gravel that has plied up from prop wash when power loading boats,so be carefull.